PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Phestival

bubbrubb25
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Who here is going? I'll be there.

Chris78
07-24-2008, 09:09 PM
I would say it is 50/50 for me.

I am going to Lakewood on July 29th and Trenton on July 30th to get the bobblehead giveaways though:) .

Chris

bubbrubb25
07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
I thought there was a few Philly/Jersey area collectors on here, none of yous are going?

bubbrubb25
07-26-2008, 10:44 PM
If anyone goes and sees a 16 year old kid with 2 gamers in his backpack thats me.

Chris78
07-29-2008, 07:36 AM
I did go to this event. I got a couple of the bags for $20 each and got an autograph ball of Jayson Werth MLB authenticated and also a Chris Snelling autographed retail hat. I also did the roll the dice and got the 1920's collectible truck. I also did the spin the wheel and got 2 of the paint the phanatics and 1 of the Victorino Hawaiian figurine. The roll the dice and spin the wheel were $5 a try.

With regards to the auction, I was outbid on all of the items I bid on. I was given a free ticket around 6:45 for the Gary Matthews/Larry Andersen line for autographs so I went out to my car and got two MLB balls. Once I was in line, which was close to 7:00, the line moved rather slowly, and I realized that Harry Kalas was in this line as well. I only had two MLB balls and wanted to get Kalas on the sweet spot with HOF 2002. I decided to see how legible Andersen was and noticed he was good so I got him on the other ball. I had Matthews sign the page in the ALS book because I did not have another ball. Unfortunately, I was done at about 7:30 and could not get down to see the auction. I was outbid on all 4 jerseys. I had Myers at $225, and the following 3 at $175, Eaton, Romero, and Gordon. It did not appear that the jerseys went for that much more than that, but I do not know for sure. I would have won one if I did not do the autographs, but the autographs only cost me two balls.

The event was ok, but it did not have any game used items for sale. It only had the auction items. I did not have a ticket where you got autographs, but did get one given to me and came away with two autograph balls including Kalas, which was worth the drive down there. This event was not as good as the Orioles Fan Fest that I went to in March, but it probably is worth it if you can get the autograph ticket.

hblakewolf
07-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I did go to this event. I got a couple of the bags for $20 each and got an autograph ball of Jayson Werth MLB authenticated and also a Chris Snelling autographed retail hat. I also did the roll the dice and got the 1920's collectible truck. I also did the spin the wheel and got 2 of the paint the phanatics and 1 of the Victorino Hawaiian figurine. The roll the dice and spin the wheel were $5 a try.

With regards to the auction, I was outbid on all of the items I bid on. I was given a free ticket around 6:45 for the Gary Matthews/Larry Andersen line for autographs so I went out to my car and got two MLB balls. Once I was in line, which was close to 7:00, the line moved rather slowly, and I realized that Harry Kalas was in this line as well. I only had two MLB balls and wanted to get Kalas on the sweet spot with HOF 2002. I decided to see how legible Andersen was and noticed he was good so I got him on the other ball. I had Matthews sign the page in the ALS book because I did not have another ball. Unfortunately, I was done at about 7:30 and could not get down to see the auction. I was outbid on all 4 jerseys. I had Myers at $225, and the following 3 at $175, Eaton, Romero, and Gordon. It did not appear that the jerseys went for that much more than that, but I do not know for sure. I would have won one if I did not do the autographs, but the autographs only cost me two balls.

The event was ok, but it did not have any game used items for sale. It only had the auction items. I did not have a ticket where you got autographs, but did get one given to me and came away with two autograph balls including Kalas, which was worth the drive down there. This event was not as good as the Orioles Fan Fest that I went to in March, but it probably is worth it if you can get the autograph ticket.

Chris-
That’s quite a sacrifice, especially for an autograph!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

bubbrubb25
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM

Were you the guy who said hi to me? Also hblakewolf were you there?

Chris78
07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Bubbrubb25,

I did not say "hi" to anyone there. Maybe next time I can wear something that would make me more noticeable....I have Steelers jerseys that I can wear:).

hblakewolf,

To get Harry Kalas and for him to sign HOF 2002 was definitely worth the trip, ball, and missing the opportunity at a jersey. Having Larry Andersen on a sweet spot is nice and an added bonus as well. It is too bad that I did not have another MLB ball because I could have had Gary Matthews sign it and maybe he could have added NL ROY 73. I am starting to get more into the autograph scene at these ballparks and prefer when they add something as well (For instance, I had John Stearns (manager at Harrisburg) sign 4 x All Star NL this past Saturday).

Hope you had a good time.

Chris

Chris78
07-29-2008, 01:02 PM
hblakewolf,

I did not mean in the way you meant.....

No autograph would mean that much to me:) .

Chris

bubbrubb25
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Bubbrubb25,

I did not say "hi" to anyone there. Maybe next time I can wear something that would make me more noticeable....I have Steelers jerseys that I can wear:).

hblakewolf,

To get Harry Kalas and for him to sign HOF 2002 was definitely worth the trip, ball, and missing the opportunity at a jersey. Having Larry Andersen on a sweet spot is nice and an added bonus as well. It is too bad that I did not have another MLB ball because I could have had Gary Matthews sign it and maybe he could have added NL ROY 73. I am starting to get more into the autograph scene at these ballparks and prefer when they add something as well (For instance, I had John Stearns (manager at Harrisburg) sign 4 x All Star NL this past Saturday).

Hope you had a good time.

Chris
You might have seen me there im 16 and I was wearing a green phillies shirt with a bookbag on with 2 game used bats in it.