PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Dantley Mil. Bucks/Grey Flannel Auction

DantleyHOF
07-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Forum,
I have a question about the upcoming Grey Flannel Auction Lot#74 1990-1991 Adrian Dantley Mil. Bucks Home/White game used #7 jersey. The question is the "DANTLEY" in dark green screen print on a white name plate. I know Dantley was acquired late and played only 10 games in 1990-91 and 3 games in the playoffs. Everything is correct Size 42 and 2' LB correct. The name plate throws me off. Mil. Bucks had plenty of time to screen the name on back and not put a name plate on it. Anyone have a 1990-91 Mil. Bucks home game used jersey? Getty Images only had the front of the jersey and not the back. Thanks B.F.

trsent
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Forum,
I have a question about the upcoming Grey Flannel Auction Lot#74 1990-1991 Adrian Dantley Mil. Bucks Home/White game used #7 jersey. The question is the "DANTLEY" in dark green screen print on a white name plate. I know Dantley was acquired late and played only 10 games in 1990-91 and 3 games in the playoffs. Everything is correct Size 42 and 2' LB correct. The name plate throws me off. Mil. Bucks had plenty of time to screen the name on back and not put a name plate on it. Anyone have a 1990-91 Mil. Bucks home game used jersey? Getty Images only had the front of the jersey and not the back. Thanks B.F.

Just wondering, what determines how much time The Milwaukee Bucks had to screen the name on back? You said "Mil. Bucks had plenty of time to screen the name on back and not put a name plate on it" and I was wondering what determines this statement and why they would care if they screened the named on back or use a name plate?

Unlike most game used memorabilia collectors, the teams back then and often even now do not think like we think when issuing a jersey - they just want to get the player in the game.