PDA

View Full Version : Jeter Plays For Mets?????

jetersbatboy
07-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I was just looking at Jeter bat on ebay and found this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190238577732&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009
I just thought this was cool. Maybe BMH can explain.
Thanks Scott

jetersbatboy
07-26-2008, 04:38 AM
I think i shot myself in the foot with this post. I have bin out bid 3 times in the last five hours:mad: :mad: :D LOL

ham1963
07-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Sometimes it is better to be quite about what you are bidding on.
Good Luck on the Bidding:)

metsbats
07-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Mistamping problem most likely. We've all seen error bat and i believe there is another thread on them. (ex Benny Agbayani Philadelphia Phillies)

-David

metsbats
07-26-2008, 09:06 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12646&highlight=agbayani+phillies

I hope this link works. Examples of other misstamped bats.

-David

jetersbatboy
07-26-2008, 01:23 PM
out bid again, not sure the bat is worth $170 to bid again. OOOO well :) :mad:

metsbats
07-26-2008, 01:36 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what this bat ends at.

Certaining a unique Jeter or Mets collectible.

David

godwulf
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd be interested to know exactly where this bat came from - more often than not a touchy subject with Sellers, I know. Were an entire order of these Jeter-Mets bats made, delivered and rejected? Was it just somebody at H&B screwing around, and only one bat came out like that?

To me, it wouldn't be worth as much if it were a deliberately "manufactured oddity", if you know what I mean - something made to be rare. On the other hand, if an entire order was so branded, that would mean that others were floating around out there in the collectosphere.

Btw, I used to think that a standard bat order was twelve, but have seen some recent order records, posted by BMH, that were for orders of 18 bats. Is there a "standard" bat order, or it just whatever number the client wants (his team) to pay for?

metsbats
07-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Good points and questions Godwulf. Wonder if the guys at HB we clowning around with this one:D Not sure though if they would like to piss off Derek Jeter one of their most loyal customers.

I'd like to also know what HB does with these mis-stamped bats.

Do they go into the BPAS batch and a minor leaguer got hold of it?

Perhaps BMH could comment on this bat.

-David

jetersbatboy
07-26-2008, 07:20 PM
I would think something like this would not happen to often. Don't they make these bat in small batches, also you would think someone would notice this seeing as these bat are being sent to a high profile player. Maybe you are right, this bat was not a mistake.

metsbats
07-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I believe it's a mistake. HB are professionals and would not joke with such a high profile player. If you think about the teams involved both are "NEW YORK" and it would be easy to have punched in the wrong NY team. Now had it been stamped Derek Jeter Boston Red Sox that would have been a more obvious mistake.

-David

jetersbatboy
07-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Now if I could get a bat that said Jeter Red sox's i would definitely pay a pretty penny for that!:D LOL. If it was or wasn't a mistake i still think it a pretty cool peace of memorabilia.

island_style
07-27-2008, 06:11 AM
The aforementioned Benny Agbayani Philadelphia Phillies bat. Played for the Mets and Rockies.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

metsbats
07-27-2008, 11:41 AM
"Bat came directly from the louisvill slugger factory were my best friend, who is a professional baseball player went and they let him buy pro wood bats that were miss labeled or guys change teams that are leftovers."

Here's the response i got from the seller when i asked about the origin of the bat.

-David

godwulf
07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
"Bat came directly from the louisvill slugger factory were my best friend, who is a professional baseball player went and they let him buy pro wood bats that were miss labeled or guys change teams that are leftovers."

Sounds reasonable. When Brian returns to the board, I'm sure he can either confirm or dispute whether such a thing is possible.

jetersbatboy
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
SOLD $294
WOW!! a lot more then I tought it would.

metsbats
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Guys

I was the winning bidder. Given the rivalry between the Mets and Yankees and Jeter killing the Mets all the time I thought it would make a great conversation piece.

-David

jetersbatboy
07-27-2008, 06:21 PM
David, Did you notice the listing before I posted it. I just wanna know if I shot myself in the foot:D :D :D
Thanks Scott

metsbats
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
David, Did you notice the listing before I posted it. I just wanna know if I shot myself in the foot:D :D :D
Thanks Scott

Scott, I was monitoring the auction before you posted. If it makes you feel better my ceiling bid was 450.

-David

jetersbatboy
07-27-2008, 06:26 PM
It does, once it went past $250 it was over for me.:D

jetersbatboy
07-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Also, can you post better when you get it.

markize
07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Scott, I was monitoring the auction before you posted. If it makes you feel better my ceiling bid was 450.

-David

David,

congrats on the bat. i was second guessing my snipe from the time i hit send, and when i tried to go back (i was away from my computer so i was using my cell phone), it just didn't move fast enough!!

mark

metsbats
07-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Also, can you post better when you get it.

yes I will. I also had asked the seller and the bat is 34 inches and about 31 .5 oz (a guess). It has the TPX and MLB logos on the back side too.

-David