PDA

View Full Version : Lets see your Michael Jordan items

worldchamps
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
I figure MJ is special enough to get his own thread. Here is my latest pick up and one of my all time favorite items. I am really excited to get these.

33bird
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Game used 1996 playoff shoes. Used against the Knicks when he went for 46 points on May 11th. He only used this style shoe in the playoffs.Both shoes signed and it comes with letters from Milwaukee Bucks Employees, etc. Here's pictures from that game.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

trsent
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Game used 1996 playoff shoes. Used against the Knicks when he went for 46 points on May 11th. He only used this style shoe in the playoffs.Both shoes signed and it comes with letters from Milwaukee Bucks Employees, etc. Here's pictures from that game.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

Those shoes are cool, but they do not match the photos you posted. Look at the white in the front of the shoes from the Getty Images pictures and then look at the front of your shoes. Did he switch style during the game or series?

jdr3
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
O

33bird
07-28-2008, 07:40 PM
No, he's ok. He used different style Air Jordan shoes on and off during the 1996 playoffs. He probably wore a different pair every game so I was just hoping it was this game. Guess it wasn't. I'll keep searching.
Greg

trsent
07-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Obama Fan,

You could have handled this matter with much more class and sensitivity. No wonder some folks on this board question your tact and contributions.

What is the issue? I have attempted to photo-match about 20-30 pairs of Michael Jordan gamers myself and have found all these little nuances. I was not picking on the user, I made my point precisely and honestly.

If you do not like my posts, there is a button where you can block my posts as I have no clue what any issues are with my "tact and contributions" as it is none of your business.

If the moderators have a problem, they have my email address to contact me over the issues. I was merely pointing out to the owner of these shoes that they do not appear to match the photos they posted. I hope he can find the correct photos and I wish if there is any questions and my "tact and contributions" the proper people will bring them to my attention. If you do have a problem, it would be nice if you would sign your post with your name to attribute your unnecessary comments.

Finally, I see Greg had no problems with my honest and direct evaluation of his shoes.

jdr3
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Thank you

CollectGU
07-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you for taking the bait. I had a bet with another forum member you would not be able to handle a simple piece of constructive criticism.

Isn't there actually a forum rule that actually states "no baiting"! Thank you for breaking the rule and adding nothing postive to this thread.

Regards,
Dave

worldchamps
07-29-2008, 09:50 AM
So back to the original point, lets see what Jordan items we have as a collective community.

camarokids
07-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Obama Fan,

You could have handled this matter with much more class and sensitivity. No wonder some folks on this board question your tact and contributions.

What is so freakin' GREAT about your waste of a post?

This is the kind of crap we can do without on this forum!

trsent
07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Thank you for taking the bait. I had a bet with another forum member you would not be able to handle a simple piece of constructive criticism.

How much did you win on the bet?

I would think you should donate half to my favorite charity, which is JDRF Illinios which can be found at: http://www.jdrfillinois.org/index.html

:)

33bird
07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Here's a photo of MJ shoes being sold in 1996 for Charibulls. MJ wore three different kinds of Air Jordans in 1995-96: These two pictured and my pair. Notice that both shoes have the toe guard on them just like my pair. Here's a picture of the tongue tagging too. This pair was made in March 1996 and that's when he started using them-sometimes-after this date.
Greg

Bondsgloves
07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I was checking to see if anyone knows what to look for in tongue of Jordan Shoes. I purchased a pair of Jordan Playoff shoes 97/98 13 1/2 worn during Indiana Pacers. I purchase the shoes from MS auctions and have a photo match to the game that MS auction stated they were used.

I always see in auctions and ebay the inside tongue of the shoes shown. I was wondering what the player code is? Thanks

I'll try and post pictures of my shoes.

trsent
07-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Here's a photo of MJ shoes being sold in 1996 for Charibulls. MJ wore three different kinds of Air Jordans in 1995-96: These two pictured and my pair. Notice that both shoes have the toe guard on them just like my pair. Here's a picture of the tongue tagging too. This pair was made in March 1996 and that's when he started using them-sometimes-after this date.
Greg

Greg, is that Steve Ryan in that photo?

33bird
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't know who Steve Ryan is. I just found it on Gettys.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

ivo610
12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
If anyone needs advice on game used basketball shoes, head over to niketalk.com what the guys on here know about bats, they know about jordans.

sox83cubs84
12-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Joel:

Yup...that's Steevie-Weevie in the photo.

Greg: Steve Ryan is the former head of North Shore Sports auction house, and was one of the guilty parties in the late 1990s FBI arrests of Chicago area dealers selling phony Jordan and Bulls items. He's also one of the guys who used me to try and enhance his credibility, probably forging old LOAs of mine and related actions, as was the case with eBay seller sdb23 (Steven D. Berg), also convicted in that case.

Seeing that photo just ruined my lunch.:mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area

zegret
12-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't have any Jordan game used items, but I do have an Air Jordan baseball hat with MJ's autograph on it.

schubert1970
01-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I just bought this Jordan autographed baseball. I've been trying to buy a signed ball for several years. I bought an UD baseball a few years ago, but the ball was damaged and I didn't like the fact it was a Wilson baseball. I started looking for signed official MLB balls. Most on EBAY were fake, or at least the PSA/DNA quick opinion people thought so. I must have paid PSA to look at 10 balls over a two year period....all fake.

There is someone on this forum who has connection with UD who can get a MLB ball signed but for big $. I think $600 - $800.

I haven't look for a ball in a while, and kind of gave up hope. Then last I found gem on EBAY. A true one of a kind (not tht damn Nike Baseketball...the baseball wrapped in leather).

This is a signed official Arizona Fall League baseball signed by MJ on the sweet spot. This was probably signed in '94 and comes with JSA auth. My patience really paid off. I got a great price when compared to UD and the baseball itself was used during his playing days. Compared to all his UD baseballs this is one of a kind. The first pic is a tad blurry.

If anyone can help me find an 8X10 of Michael in a Scottsdale Scorpions uniform, please let me know.

txs

Bill

schubert1970
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Guess I souldn't have posted this till I received my item. The seller just backed out and I'm sure someone gave him more money. Lesson learned.

BaseballGM
01-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Joel:

Yup...that's Steevie-Weevie in the photo.

Greg: Steve Ryan is the former head of North Shore Sports auction house, and was one of the guilty parties in the late 1990s FBI arrests of Chicago area dealers selling phony Jordan and Bulls items. He's also one of the guys who used me to try and enhance his credibility, probably forging old LOAs of mine and related actions, as was the case with eBay seller sdb23 (Steven D. Berg), also convicted in that case.

Seeing that photo just ruined my lunch.:mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area

Hey Dave:

This is OT for this thread but I wanted to let you know I still have this jersey.

-Kevin

elbooman
01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
i got a pair of his jordan xiii game worn signed white/red from 1997 anyone intrested? email me at elbooman@aol.com

SWPY
02-21-2010, 07:38 PM
I figure MJ is special enough to get his own thread. Here is my latest pick up and one of my all time favorite items. I am really excited to get these.

worldchamps - VII looking good!!!!! Do you know if the older jordans have different coding on the tag?! I'm just curious because there are so little out in the market.

SWPY
02-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Michael Jordan signed 1997-98 Game-Worn Shoes (Air Jordan XIII). Provenance from Trent Tucker.

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo208/swpy/My%20Collection/DSCF6132.jpg