PDA

View Full Version : Eric Duncan game used jersey!!!

suave1477
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
This is a question out of pure curiousity.

Being that Eric Duncan is the Top Prospect for the Yankees.
bear in mind he is expected to be the nex big thing for the yankees

What would anyone pay for a rookie jersey of his when he comes up to the majors?

porsche544
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
This is a question out of pure curiousity.

Being that Eric Duncan is the Top Prospect for the Yankees.
bear in mind he is expected to be the nex big thing for the yankees

What would anyone pay for a rookie jersey of his when he comes up to the majors?

No more than $200. If you're a Yankee fan you can remember Drew Henson. I've spent so much money purchasing his game used items hoping one day he'll make it in the big leagues. All that hype that the media gave him, has proven nothing but made me lose my hair (j/k). If you're a risk taker then you'll pay whatever it'l costs you to get it.

Gerald

suave1477
03-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Hello Porsche I feel for you on the Drew Henson but that is a bad analogy, Don't forget chein ming wang who came up early and turned out to be a very good pitcher and saved the yankees butts a few times. Let's not forget Robinson Cano who was almost Rookie of the Year.

So what do you think about this comparison which would you rather have Phillip hughes who is also a top prospect or Eric Duncan?

hblakewolf
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
No more than $200. If you're a Yankee fan you can remember Drew Henson. I've spent so much money purchasing his game used items hoping one day he'll make it in the big leagues. All that hype that the media gave him, has proven nothing but made me lose my hair (j/k). If you're a risk taker then you'll pay whatever it'l costs you to get it.

Gerald

Likewise, I lost my rear with Hensley Meulens equipment. I bought as much of his game used equipment as I could locate-bats, spikes-you name it. The only other player I lost as much on was Jeff Stone with the Phillies. Live and learn....live and learn!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

pietraynor
03-09-2006, 10:18 AM
This brings back (not so good) memories..I can add to the list of those who never panned out..Remember Chris Brown? Mid-'80s Giants 3B All-Star 1 Yr, then out a baseball the next! I picked up every jersey I could from Dick Dobbins at the time, even got him to sign one at a Reds game in Cincy, banked on him to hit it big--had power, speed..Then I read one day he begged out of a game because he slept on his eye wrong!?..downhill from there..To his credit, last I heard he was working for an oil and/or gas company in Iraq (saw it on ESPN awhile back). Anyone else care to share similar stories?

suave1477
03-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Top 100 prospects overall - ESPN

Eric duncan - 86th

Phillip Hughes - 39th

In the Yankees Orginization Eric is #1

Ok so if you had a choice would you pick up an Eric Duncan Jersey or Phillip Hughes?