PDA

View Full Version : Hey Godwulf

OaklandAsFan
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Looks like you and I will get to know each other pretty well this fall.
Dbacks are playing with the A's on the Phoenix Desert Dogs during the Arizona Fall League.

Do you know who that blonde lady is who always hoots and hollers and claps non-stop for the Dbacks players?

Chris78
07-31-2008, 11:55 AM
With regards to the Arizona Fall League, they just released the AFL coaches list: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080730&content_id=439532&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp (mhtml:{4BC2E474-7FB4-453E-B411-F1DC88EA099A}mid://00000010/!x-usc:http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080730&content_id=439532&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp)

Hopefully Sandberg does not mine signing because he is definitely the best autograph to get. Hopefully he also ok with the HOF inscription as well.

I plan to be there the week of October 12th and maybe I will see some board members.

Chris

godwulf
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Looks like you and I will get to know each other pretty well this fall.
Dbacks are playing with the A's on the Phoenix Desert Dogs during the Arizona Fall League.

Really? I've enjoyed the DBacks playing with the Scottsdale Scorpions the past couple of years, 'cause Scottsdale Stadium is probably the nicest ballpark, it's fairly close to where I live and work, and they have, by far, the best hot dogs.

Phoenix Muni isn't a bad park, but it's sort of way the hell over on the East side, and you've pretty much got to take the I-10 to even get there, which can be a nightmare during certain hours. Oh, well.

I'll probably try to take at least a week off from work so I can go to all the day games - two weeks, like last year, if I can swing it.

I can't seem to find any news anywhere about either team assignments or coaches - that link in post #2 isn't working for me.

Do you know who that blonde lady is who always hoots and hollers and claps non-stop for the Dbacks players?

That's Susan. She takes some getting used to, for sure. There have been times that I've actually gone and sat behind the opposing team's dugout just to get farther away from her voice. You've got to just learn to tune her out, to whatever extent possible. She really is a sweet person, and all the players seem to like her. If the A's are, indeed, playing with the DBacks this year, you can be sure that Susan will be rooting for them as much as for any of the DBacks prospects.

OaklandAsFan
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
If you live and work close to Scottsdale stadium you should have no problem with Phoenix muni. Its less than a 10 minute drive even with traffic. Just take N Galvin Pkwy which is 64th st north of Mcdowell. The A's minor league park is at the corner of Mcdowell and Galvin Pkwy.

I think you may be thinking of another stadium cause Phx Muni is nowere near I10, Angels stadium perhaps??

Here is a link to the official AFL website:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/winterleagues/?league=afl

no team assignments yet and they usually don't until mid September but the coaches have all been named.

Ryne has always been hit or miss during ST with the Cubbies, I have gotten him a few times but never with an HOF inscription.

Yeah Susan thats her name, she is something else I am sure after a few days I will get used to it but when I only saw her when the Scorpions came to PHX it was a little much ;)

OaklandAsFan
07-31-2008, 02:39 PM
sorry I may have confused you there, the A's minor league park is at Mcdowell and Galvin, Phx Muni is a mile south of that on Van Buren and N Galvin pkwy.