PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr. To The White Sox !!!!

thomecollector
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Now there's a shocker!Griffey Jr. agrees to be traded to the White Sox.... It may not be over yet.........Go Sox!!! :D

trsent
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Now there's a shocker!Griffey Jr. agrees to be traded to the White Sox.... It may not be over yet.........Go Sox!!! :D

So they can bentch Thome, Konerko or Swisher?

thomecollector
07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Possibly Konerko. That is if they don't move him for Huston Street !!!

Jags Fan Dan
07-31-2008, 02:10 PM
No offense to Junior, but as a Reds fan I say good riddance! And if the White Sox think he can play centerfield, they are about to learn otherwise.

Neely8
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm also a Reds fan and I have to ask who the hell did they get for him? I don't know anything about those guys but at face value seems like the Reds got robbed. A minor league secondbaseman? And why would they need another secondbaseman when they have Brandon Phillips?

AWA85
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
The second baseman looks like another utility guy. While Masset I kind of like. He had pretty good numbers going until he hit a rough patch in his last 5 outings or so with the White Sox. Ground ball pitcher always helps out in Great American Ballpark and he may move back to starting in the future. Also the White Sox pick up a little bit of the money I believe (although the Reds are still paying a big chunk) the Reds now get to look at the future. Griffey was not going to have his option picked up next year so it does not make sense for a team that is out of it to put him out there in the 3 hole everyday. The Reds now get to move Bruce to RF where he belongs and gear up for the future by taking different looks in the outfield. It was a smart move on the Reds part even if the players don't amount to much.

Also I am happy to see Griff in a playoff chase and hope he can have a nice month or two to finish the season and get another chance to play somewhere else after this year.

skyking26
08-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I hear Konerko was pissed about the trade. He is likely odd man out. I have also heard that the Sox don't have definate plans with Thome next year either...

salukidave
08-01-2008, 11:40 PM
All Griffey did in his first game with the Sox was deliver a pair of two-out RBI singles and hit one to the track in center that would have been out on a normal night that didn't have such high humidity.

It's a great trade for the Sox. They gave up nothing.

tym
08-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Well as a old fan, I say go get it Jr.
:)

Jags Fan Dan
08-02-2008, 06:52 AM
This was a good deal for everybody. The Reds got rid of a player they were done with and who was done with them. Griffey gets to go to a contender. The Reds get a couple of younger players who may or may not help them down the road, which is better than nothing. I mean, the guy is 38 years old and was hitting around .230-.240. Nobody's going to give you a whole lot for a guy that age.

AWA85
08-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Masset may have just replaced Bailey in the rotation last night. Bailey goes 2 innings of bad baseball and Masset comes in and goes 3 innings stong. Time to stretch the kid out and see if we have anything. With the record the Reds have I would ease up on Volquez and Cueto's innings and maybe just let Masset, Fogg, Bailey pitch. I would keep sending Homer out there a few more times and see if he can just learn. Sorry got off of the Griffey talk.:D

Hope Griffey can do big things in Chicago and help the team out.

Jags Fan Dan
08-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Masset may have just replaced Bailey in the rotation last night. Bailey goes 2 innings of bad baseball and Masset comes in and goes 3 innings stong. Time to stretch the kid out and see if we have anything. With the record the Reds have I would ease up on Volquez and Cueto's innings and maybe just let Masset, Fogg, Bailey pitch. I would keep sending Homer out there a few more times and see if he can just learn. Sorry got off of the Griffey talk.:D

Hope Griffey can do big things in Chicago and help the team out.
Adam, I could not agree more on all counts. Bailey needs to figure it out and what better time than now? And what better time to see if Masset can turn the corner, too? We know Harand, Volquez, and Cueto can be solid. Let's not burn 'em out in a quest for 3rd or 4th place!