PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez high school game used

mburton25
08-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey, I'm new to this forum...just discovered it the other day while bored at work. I grew up in Bluefield, WV and became a huge fan of Manny Ramirez and Jim Thome when they were drafted and both sent to the Appalachian League Burlington Indians (diff years of course). Well when Manny was here they played the Bluefield Orioles at the end of the season. I think it was the last game...but anyways he left his glove in the dugout and it was picked up by my friend that was working the grounds crew. I bought it from him a few weeks later for $50 and I have held on to it ever since. Manny wrote his name all over it and also had 3b-cf written on it which I assume he played some in high school. There were some cusswords and a girls name "Kathy" also written on it but some of words....etc have faded. So this was Mannys high school glove and 1st year in the minors. The only picture I have seen with him wearing that glove is a black and white picture from baseball america when they did a little article on him during his 1st minor league season which I got signed along with other newspaper pictures, index card (signed "Manual Ramirez #60")...etc. Does anyone have any old high school images of him or while he was in Burlington? I'll post some pictures of the glove a little later.... I also have Manny and Jim Thomes Charlotte Knights g/u jerseys signed... with the every letter Manny autograph... something you don't see much anymore... Thanks!!! Matt

gameused
08-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Matt,

Could you post pics of the Manny jersey? Would love to see it along with the glove.

Thanks, Bobby

mburton25
08-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Ok, finally got some time to post these. I don't have a picture of the Thome jersey right now, but will post it as soon as I have a chance...I was out taking pictures of some Braves prospects all day (Heyward, Freeman, and C.Johnson)... I tried posting these in the thread but only one worked.... Here is my blog where they are located... I just posted them...let me know what you think! Also if anyone wants to post these in the thread please feel free..... Thanks... Matt

http://www.autographscoop.com