Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b.heagy
    • May 2006

? Ebay ended my auction ?

Just listed a Mitchell and Ness Pete Rose 1980 replica phillies away jersey on ebay. Ebay ended it very quickly. MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ( 226499896)

Can someone explain why this item was removed? I was unaware that I violated a trademark. Simply using the Mitchell & Ness name? I can attach pics later if it helps. I could not find a pete rose jersey on the M&N website, only a Mike Schmidt.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !
  • b.heagy
    • May 2006

Re: ? Ebay ended my auction ?

here are the pics.
    Attached Files
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

most likely a M&N knockoff

Comment

• b.heagy
        • May 2006

Didn't think of that. It's a darn good one if it is.
        Bill Heagy
        heagysports.com
        Go Phillies !

Comment

• treant985
          • Jun 2008

Did you use any M&N logos or icons in your description, besides the obvious one that's in the photo itself?

Comment

• b.heagy
            • May 2006

nope, just had M&N in the title and description. also mentioned that they have a Schmidt on their site for $250.
            Bill Heagy
            heagysports.com
            Go Phillies !

Comment

• beantown
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by b.heagy
              Just listed a Mitchell and Ness Pete Rose 1980 replica phillies away jersey on ebay. Ebay ended it very quickly. MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ( 226499896)

Can someone explain why this item was removed? I was unaware that I violated a trademark. Simply using the Mitchell & Ness name? I can attach pics later if it helps. I could not find a pete rose jersey on the M&N website, only a Mike Schmidt.
              I just had the same thing happen to me on eBay...I had either the title or subtitle with "Mitchell and Ness" in it and eBay cancelled the listing...not sure why when it was a 100% real M&N jersey!!! I re-listed the item without putting "Mitchell and Ness" in the title (used the exact same photos that clearly showed it was a REAL M&N jersey) and there were no problems. Try it that way and you be fine....Chris

Comment

• dcrules01
                • Nov 2005

I just posted it on my jersey message board ill let you know if it is legit.It looks fine to me though.You were selling it?? I personally do not understand ebay there are so many fake jerseys on there and they get reported but nothing happens.Im a Mets fan but that is an awesome jersey..
                Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• b.heagy
                  • May 2006

I may try it that way. I did search for Mitchell and Ness on ebay and came up with very little. If anyone feels this item is not legit please chime in as I will not offer it for sale without making sure the buyer knows what they are getting. I am not familiar with modern replica's/throwback jerseys.
                  Bill Heagy
                  heagysports.com
                  Go Phillies !

Comment

• b.heagy
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by dcrules01
                    I just posted it on my jersey message board ill let you know if it is legit.It looks fine to me though.You were selling it?? I personally do not understand ebay there are so many fake jerseys on there and they get reported but nothing happens.Im a Mets fan but that is an awesome jersey..
                    I started it at $9.99 with no reserve. I have to tell you it is one quality jersey in my opinion. Just lacking a nameplate with Rose on it.
                    Bill Heagy
                    heagysports.com
                    Go Phillies !

Comment

• dcrules01
                      • Nov 2005

I am wondering if they ended it because it is missing his last name.Where did you buy it??? I know a lot of the Mets 86 jerseys before there was a contract they had no name on the back...Is it made in the USA???
                      Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• Danny899
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by b.heagy
                        I started it at $9.99 with no reserve. I have to tell you it is one quality jersey in my opinion. Just lacking a nameplate with Rose on it.
                        Bill,
                        Before I began collecting gamers, I used to collect M&N jerseys. I still purchase them every now and then for signing. I could never understand why Ebay would cancel authentic Mitchell & Ness jersey auctions, like yours appears to be, then they would allow the obvious fakes to remain. I'm talking about the polyester Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mays and other jerseys. These should have been made of wool or flannel and certainly shouldn't have names on the back! Many of these fakes appear to have genuine M&N tagging but the jersey is clearly no good. Maybe the folks at M&N figure no one would be that dumb to purchase something so blatant that they don't need to bother. Lastly I have often seen nice ones get cancelled only a few days in. No rhyme or reason.
                        Dan

Comment

• b.heagy
                          • May 2006

I bought it at an outdoor market. the tag under the M&N tag has PWR Made in USA RN 22420 Body 100% Nylon Exclusive Decoration Size L. Then washing instructions on the back of that tag.
                          Bill Heagy
                          heagysports.com
                          Go Phillies !

Comment

• b.heagy
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Danny899
                            Bill,
                            Before I began collecting gamers, I used to collect M&N jerseys. I still purchase them every now and then for signing. I could never understand why Ebay would cancel authentic Mitchell & Ness jersey auctions, like yours appears to be, then they would allow the obvious fakes to remain. I'm talking about the polyester Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mays and other jerseys. These should have been made of wool or flannel and certainly shouldn't have names on the back! Many of these fakes appear to have genuine M&N tagging but the jersey is clearly no good. Maybe the folks at M&N figure no one would be that dumb to purchase something so blatant that they don't need to bother. Lastly I have often seen nice ones get cancelled only a few days in. No rhyme or reason.
                            Dan
                            I thought I was being singled out fr some reason. My first M&N jersey and it get squashed within and hour or so. Trying to educate myself on the newer items that I normally don't handle. All the responses have been very appreciated. Thanks everyone.
                            Bill Heagy
                            heagysports.com
                            Go Phillies !

Comment

• ironmanfan
                              • Sep 2005

Below is M&N's VeRO Program information page regarding their item removal. They have contact information on the bottom of the page, so your best bet is to contact them. I'm sure it is some sort of a knock off (particularly if you obtained this at an outdoor market...I've been to plenty of those and rarely do you find legit, licensed material)..

Comment

Working...