PDA

View Full Version : Guu Forum Rules!!

SkubeBats
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
HELLO,
I SEE THERE HAVE BEEN SOME CONCERN ABOUT THE RULES ON LISTING OTHER WEB STIES ON THIS FORUM, I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE RULES ON HERE. MY QUESTION IS WHY CAN ROB STEINMETZ ADVERTISE HIS WEB SITE AND NOBODY ELSE CAN. PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. THAT TO ME IS A DOUBLE STANDARD FOR HIM TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS AND NOBODY ELSE CAN. IF YOU ASK ME I THINK HE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THIS IF I CAN'T. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?
THANKS,
JAMIE
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

RobSteinmetz
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Jamie,

Are you referring to the paid banner advertisement at the top of the site, or the link in my signature? Posts are edited or deleted when their primary purpose is to promote a website or business. I have never made a post for the sole purpose of promoting my business. This would be a violation of forum rules. In fact, as a forum moderator, I believe it is my responsibility to be overly cautious about making posts that promote my business, items I own, etc.

There was a time on this site where we didn't allow links of any sort, including in signatures. That rule was amended several months ago. As you'll notice, many forum members now list their web addresses in their signatures, including other dealers. If your concern is with my banner ad on the site, I'm not aware of any forum rules that say banner ad space cannot be purchased. For your reference, here is the rule:

No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe.

Best,

SkubeBats
08-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Rob,
How do you go and pay to show a banner of mine or someone elses website? How come you're the only one that has been able to do this?
Thanks,
Jamie

RobSteinmetz
08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Jamie,

That banner ad has been in place for well over a year, and there have been other paid banner advertisers in the past. I have a long term deal with Game Used Universe for the ad. I have no idea what kind of agreement GUU made with other advertisers. The only time that banner is NOT at the top of the site is when the auctions are running. I am not involved with Game Used Universe's decisions with regard to paid advertisers, but you are free to contact Chris Cavalier to discuss what opportunities may or may not exist.

Best,

SkubeBats
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for answering my questions and concerns. I will try and get a hold of Chris soon to find out the information I need.
Thanks,
Jamie

NegleyPirate
08-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi Rob,
but you have sent email's to people with item's for sale on your site. Like this one below. Which I don't have a problem at all with. I was just making a point about Adam's email I received from him. If I get email I don't want I just delete it. Thanks for hearing my take. Again I do not have an issue with getting emails about items for sale,etc.
Thanks again,
Mike

EMAIL CONTENT REMOVED

larry bourget
08-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Do the Cubs only sell items at their blow out Garage Sale, or is there a Cubs Team Store at Wrigley Field that sells their game used items to the general public.

Thanks,
larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

RobSteinmetz
08-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Mike,

I only send emails to individuals I have corresponded with (or sold items to) personally. If you receive my mass emails, we have either done business or exchanged emails in the past. I do not collect names and email addresses off the forum to promote my business, which in my estimation is not only a violation of forum rules, but completely unethical. Thanks for your concern.

Best,