The crying and complaining has got to end!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintagedeputy
    • Oct 2005

The crying and complaining has got to end!

For 2 days now, all I've seen here is crying and whining about this and that. Why did this person get banned, when is the "for sale" forum coming back, blah blah blah.

For people who dont pay a damn dime to partake in all of this wonderful information that is exchanged here on a daily basis, there sure seems to be some folks who feel that they are entitled to some say in how its run.

I enjoy the benefit of all this free information and I dont piss and moan every other day about things here. I have stuff that I'd love to sell too. When and if the forum comes back, it comes back. If it never comes back, so be it. If they want to charge ebay style fees to use the site, so be it. It costs money to run a website. I know this first hand. I have a forum on my business site and if I make the decision to boot someone, its my decision. If you dont want to pay the fees, start your own website and stick to your "everything is free" platform and see how long that lasts. The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine. I have read things from folks on this site that I would never have known about game used memoribilia. The knowledge that is here is amazing. People should be happy for anything that they have gotten here for free in the past. Be grateful for what you have already been given and stop looking for someone to spoon feed you on their dime for the rest of your lives

If you dont agree with me, fine. Dont bother posting some long winded reply to try to bait me into an argument because I wont respond. I said my peace.
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: The crying and complaining has got to end!

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
    The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine.
    Before you rip on a majority of GUU members, I would suggest that you pick up a dictionary and learn how to spell. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous, or should I say, asinine.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• bigtruck260
      • Sep 2007

I have a boxing forum on my STL boxing website that is absolutely free, and though it is a niche site, I have a good amount of viewership in St. Louis. Forums depend on people with knowledge to post good information.

I LOVE this site, and have met plenty of good people here. However, I am not a yes man in real life, and will not be one here either...that defeats the purpose of this site.

Nodding yes to everything is Lampsonizing GUU - and I'm sure that is not what the creators of this site envisioned.

A good message was sent by some members in good standing who were concerned with a harsh term - BANNING.

I would suggest you guys (Chris, Eric, Rob) revise the wording of the discipline to suspended. Might make this kind of thing easier next time.

Not sure if this is categorized as crying and complaining.
      Dave
      Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
      River City Redbird Authentics
      http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

For 2 days now, all I've seen here is crying and whining about this and that. Why did this person get banned, when is the "for sale" forum coming back, blah blah blah.

For people who dont pay a damn dime to partake in all of this wonderful information that is exchanged here on a daily basis, there sure seems to be some folks who feel that they are entitled to some say in how its run.

I enjoy the benefit of all this free information and I dont piss and moan every other day about things here [sic]. I have stuff that I'd love to sell too. When and if the forum comes back, it comes back. If it never comes back, so be it. If they want to charge ebay style fees to use the site, so be it. It costs money to run a website. I know this first hand. I have a forum on my business site and if I make the decision to boot someone, its my decision. If you dont want to pay the fees, start your own website and stick to your "everything is free" platform and see how long that lasts. The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine. I have read things from folks on this site that I would never have known about game used memoribilia. The knowledge that is here is amazing. People should be happy for anything that they have gotten here for free in the past. Be grateful for what you have already been given and stop looking for someone to spoon feed you on their dime for the rest of your lives

If you dont agree with me, fine. Dont bother posting some long winded reply to try to bait me into an argument because I wont respond. I said my peace.
        So let me understand this: everyone else can't cry and complain, except for you?

The members are entitled to suggest how this site should be run. After all, we are the primary reason why this site is successful. I don't care what kind of business you run. Any elementary understanding of ethics would tell you that just because Chris can do what ever he wants, it doesn't mean that he ought to trample over the will of forum members. I am getting sick and tired of people on this forum saying that because they run x business that that means that they can do whatever they want. No they can't. Businesses are not impervious to ethics and common sense. That's why the government can regulate business, has regulated business, and ought to continue to do as such. You can respond if you want; honestly, I don't care. But to attack those of us who want AWA85 back is simply disgusting.
        Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by frikativ54
          Before you rip on a majority of GUU members, I would suggest that you pick up a dictionary and learn how to spell. You are making yourself look quite ridiculous, or should I say, asinine.
          Frik
          I think your in for reel trouble, if you ateempt to be the grammer police. In my humbel opinin, Vintage Debuty was calling most of the bleeding hearts club, "asses", hence the misspelling of asinine.
          Your a passionate dude with a lot of passion about the evils of this world. That's cool. Theirs alot more to complain about than simple spelling eras.

Why is a piece loving dude like yourself trying to start a fight with Vintage Debuty?

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
            Frik
            I think your in for reel trouble, if you ateempt to be the grammer police. In my humbel opinin, Vintage Debuty was calling most of the bleeding hearts club, "asses", hence the misspelling of asinine.
            Your a passionate dude with a lot of passion about the evils of this world. That's cool. Theirs alot more to complain about than simple spelling eras.

Why is a piece loving dude like yourself trying to start a fight with Vintage Debuty?
            Thanks for the humor. I just have an issue with poor grammar. You should see my face as I read what you just wrote.
            Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• skyking26
              • Dec 2005

I enjoy the benefit of all this free information and I dont piss and moan every other day about things here. I have stuff that I'd love to sell too. When and if the forum comes back, it comes back. If it never comes back, so be it. If they want to charge ebay style fees to use the site, so be it. It costs money to run a website. I know this first hand. I have a forum on my business site and if I make the decision to boot someone, its my decision. If you dont want to pay the fees, start your own website and stick to your "everything is free" platform and see how long that lasts. The comments I've read here lately blasting the owners of this site and calling them greedy and everything else is assinine. I have read things from folks on this site that I would never have known about game used memoribilia. The knowledge that is here is amazing. People should be happy for anything that they have gotten here for free in the past. Be grateful for what you have already been given and stop looking for someone to spoon feed you on their dime for the rest of your lives

Vintage could not have put it better. I have made many a friend here and have learned alot, assisted others. There is nothing in life that is free. It costs money to run this site. The owners can and shall do whatever they like, it is their priviledge.
              ROBERT KOPPEL
              Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
              and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

BTPH - you are quite astute in your observation. I'm glad that someone caught that......and thanks for the laugh. I dont think that I could have misspelled that many words on purpose if I tried. You are very creative!

Comment

• Danny899
                  • Apr 2007

Does that mean you're not going to cry and whine about Lou Lampson
                  anymore? Also do you by any chance know when the "For Sale" forum is coming back? Thanks, I hope this wasn't too long winded for you.

P.S. You spelled memorabilia incorrectly also.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by skyking26
                    Vintage could not have put it better. I have made many a friend here and have learned alot, assisted others. There is nothing in life that is free. It costs money to run this site. The owners can and shall do whatever they like, it is their priviledge.

Thank you Sky King. I hoped that someone would agree with me. This site is much more fun without all of the name calling accusations against the site owners. If you dont like the way something is handled here, leave.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                      • Aug 2007

the amount of money that is made by guu from its members for their auction should make up for what ever cost could be attributed to the for sale section. they use this forum to give the authentic guarantee so essentially they are making money off of us. i imagine what ever cost which are associated with the forum are more than made up for by the knowledgeabl members of this board.
                      Baseball do what it do
                      -Ron Washington

Comment

• NegleyPirate
                        • Nov 2005

Hey crying and complaining is what people do. It make's the world go round (lol). If there wasn't any crying or complaining we wouldn't have anything to talk about. I guess we all should embrace change(like my boss say's)
                        Thanks for hearing me cry & complain
                        Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
                        http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Comment

• chakes89
                          • May 2006

I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• trsent
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by frikativ54
                            If you click on the Spelling tab found when posting messages, it downloads a program found at www.iespell.com and it then goes into your web browser so you can check spelling on any site.

I use it regularly and would recommend anyone who can't spell, like me, download this software.

Comment

• whatupyos
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2005

Vintage Deputy:

I just read your post and I agree with you as well. There are times I start to make a post ripping on people who in my opinion are just making stupid remarks and then have to not submit it because I'll be banned, suspended whatever for speaking my mind. I think this site is a wealth of info and I loved your play on words as I knew what you were getting at. Basically in my opinion, the ones who complain about no for sale section are the liberals who want everything free in life and feel entitled to whatever they want because they are who they are. Like someone said, nothing in life is free.

Comment

Working...