View Full Version : OT:Skip Caray Dies

dodgersfan
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Sad news,I loved his voice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3517921

Rudy Sauceda

kylehess10
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Very sad news to hear. He was such a great broadcaster, and I enjoyed hearing his voice while watching every Braves game. He will be missed deeply.

frikativ54
08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Where is skipcareyisfat/skipcarayislegend in such trying times?

skipcarayislegend
08-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Where is skipcareyisfat/skipcarayislegend in such trying times?

Fat's retired and Legend's in mourning, naturally. In all seriousness, Skip was one of a kind. It's hard to believe we'll never get to hear him again. As just about any Braves fan would tell you though, he didn’t sound the same this year or late last year. The health issues had become fairly apparent. Still though. But I couldn't be happier about the attention he's been receiving from places all over the country.

Probably 90% of my favorite Braves memories took place during the 80s and involved guys named Murphy, Horner, Washington, Watson, Mahler, Benedict, Ramirez, Hubbard, etc. Those teams mostly stunk, but listening to Skip and Pete and Ernie Johnson somehow made it all bearable, if not enjoyable. In fact, one of the first times my wife and I listened to a game together in the car, she told me how, as a kid, she liked listening to Skip because his voice would put her to sleep. I thought it was funny because I used to go to bed listening to those guys too.

One of Skip's finer moments...

ham1963
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your statements skipcarayislegend. One of my favorite Skip's finer moments was when he called the game that ended Pete Roses hitting streak.
John:D