Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

What is the most money you have seen a person offer for a foul ball or hr baseball in the stands? Just curious. How much and who hit it. Was the offer accepted or not.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.
  • cardinals0103
    • Aug 2008

Re: Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

I was at a Royals game few years back when they were playing the Yankees.

Derek Jeter got hit, then Arod hit a foul ball which I ended up with. So the GU ball I got was a Derek Jeter base hit and an Arod foul ball. Some guy in my section offered me a brand new Official MLB but I refused.

Comment

• ifirocked
      • Dec 2007

I bought a David Wright HR ball in Detroit on 6-9-07 for $60. Top of the 8th, HR #11 on the season. The kid being a Tiger fan did not seem too sad to part with the ball. On an item like this it's more for me then anything else as you can't prove it being THE HR ball.
      Attached Files

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

I've never actually seen it done...but I think about it whenever one of my team's players hits a HR in another ballpark, and the home town fan who caught it bows to that (imo) silly pressure to "throw it back". I always think that if I were near that person, I'd offer them some money for the ball. I'd probably start at 20 bucks (assuming I had that much in my wallet) and go up from there, as necessary; how high would depend on how much I liked the guy who hit it, I guess. If I had that much cash on me, I can see myself paying as much as $100 for a HR ball hit by Conor Jackson, Mark Reynolds or Orlando Hudson. Just about anybody else on the team, $40-$60 would be my max.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• cardinals0103
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by cardinals0103
          I was at a Royals game few years back when they were playing the Yankees.

Derek Jeter got hit, then Arod hit a foul ball which I ended up with. So the GU ball I got was a Derek Jeter base hit and an Arod foul ball. Some guy in my section offered me a brand new Official MLB but I refused.
          Here's a picture of the ball. one of the most beat up game used balls I have in my collection.

Comment

• ironmanfan
            • Sep 2005

I was at the games in June, 1996 @ Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City when Cal Ripken Jr. tied & passed Japan's Sachio Kinugasa (sp?) for the all time ironman record of 2215 consecutive games. In the record breaking game, Chris Hoiles hit a foul ball in the seats, which I purchased off the fan who caught it for $50. Fortunately, I knew the agent that Kinugasa was using and actually caught a ride back to the hotel afterwards with him & had him sign it with the "2215" notation on the sweet spot and subsequently had Cal sign it with a "2216" notation. If anyone would care, I could post a picture of it. I know it has to be the only GU ball from that game autographed by both.

whhp72@yahoo.com

Comment

• cigarman44
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ironmanfan
              I was at the games in June, 1996 @ Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City when Cal Ripken Jr. tied & passed Japan's Sachio Kinugasa (sp?) for the all time ironman record of 2215 consecutive games. In the record breaking game, Chris Hoiles hit a foul ball in the seats, which I purchased off the fan who caught it for $50. Fortunately, I knew the agent that Kinugasa was using and actually caught a ride back to the hotel afterwards with him & had him sign it with the "2215" notation on the sweet spot and subsequently had Cal sign it with a "2216" notation. If anyone would care, I could post a picture of it. I know it has to be the only GU ball from that game autographed by both.

whhp72@yahoo.com
              Id love to see it. Sounds like a cool piece

Comment

• orioles03
                • Dec 2005

when i was bat boy i had some one offer me ravens tickets for a foul ball jeter hit against the screen. i just gave him the ball but he took my phone number about a month later he called me and gave me club seats for a ravens game he was a big car dealer in the baltimore area.
                another time a player hit a foul ball matt stover was sitting in the stands next to the dugout i got a foul ball i gave it to him for his son he sent me a pair of cleats the next week.

the most i was ever offered for a ball was $100 which i refused i just gave him a ball.

the best was sorry if i sound mean but this is the story the red sox were in town the last series before the playoffs in 2004 we had a double header back to back there was a annoying fat lady sitting in the first row she was yelling the whole time annoying all the players in the red sox dug out so someone hits a foul ball it rolls to the wall the lady tries to reach over the fence she cannot reach it i run out pick up the ball the whole stadium boos me i go back in the dugout she is bothering me during the game her husband is threatning the players to give her the ball pedro gives her a beach ball instead.her husband said he was going to wait at top of ramp after i get off work to beat me up because i embarrassed his wife
                sorry it was so long but pretty funny
                posted this in wrong section
                orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                  • Oct 2005

orioles03 - can you enable your pm's? I want to ask you something.

Jim

Comment

• orioles03
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                    orioles03 - can you enable your pm's? I want to ask you something.

Jim
                    i think i got turned them on if not email me
                    pat
                    orioles03@verizon.net
                    orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• bigtruck260
                      • Sep 2007

McGwire home run ball in 1998. I want to say it was number 3 - against the Padres at Busch. I will never forget...I locked my keys in my car with it running. It ran the WHOLE game in the parking garage. I think Gwynn hit a homer that day too.

Anyway, the kid that ended up with the ball (after it rolled, etc.) ended up selling it to an older lady for $500 - CASH.

She literally pulled out a wad of bills and put it in the kid's face.
                      Dave
                      Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                      River City Redbird Authentics
                      http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2005

Last year at Fenway Park, during batting practice, there were a couple of young blond females halking baseballs by the Red Sox bullpen. By the time game time came along, they walked away with about 6-7 baseballs.

When they walked by my wife and I, I offered one of the girls $10.00 for a baseball. She said yes and I bought a very nice OAL baseball with nice use for $10.00. Not a bad deal at all.

Jim

Comment

• ironmanfan
                          • Sep 2005

Since I had 3-4 members e-mail me and ask for pictures of the ball, I thought I'd just post them here. An interesting sidelight to this is that I originally approached Cal to sign this ball a few years ago in the Press Box at Ripken Stadium and being the perfectionist he is, I explained what the ball was & handed him the ball & a blue ink pen, he told me to wait until he could find a black ink pen because he wanted to match the ink color of the Kinugasa signature (he actually walked away & came back like 5 minutes later with the black ink pen)...Anyway, these pictures aren't the best, but gives you a general idea....

Comment

• Swoboda4
                            • Nov 2005

This year,Cinncinnati at Mets. Ken Griffey Jr hit a foul into the lodge section. I'm a portal away and go over to the kid (18 yrs old?)who was with his friend and I offered him $100. His friend looked at me like I was crazy but he said no. Then his friend looked at him like he was crazy. It would worth that much only because Griffey hit it and I can guarantee with my own eyes that's the ball

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ifirocked
                              I bought a David Wright HR ball in Detroit on 6-9-07 for $60. Top of the 8th, HR #11 on the season. The kid being a Tiger fan did not seem too sad to part with the ball. On an item like this it's more for me then anything else as you can't prove it being THE HR ball.
                              did you document the transfer of ownership during the game? what did ask for in documentation when you bought it.
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com
                              Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

Working...