PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal and Ebay..?

BergerKing22784
08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Did ebay get rid of the requirement for sellers to accept pay pal? I almost bid on a couple wont say high dollar auctions but enough that I would not want to send check or money order and the auction said no pay pal accepted. Was just wondering if this was allowed again?

Thanks,
Brian

otismalibu
08-06-2008, 12:54 PM
That never was a requirement that I know of. I think they were trying a Paypal only trial system somewhere...maybe Australia?

thomecollector
08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
If anything ebay is pushing paypal even more since they bought them earlier this year. That way they can charge fees for the auctions, and the fees for paypal. Talk about double dipping...:rolleyes:

trsent
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
If anything ebay is pushing paypal even more since they bought them earlier this year. That way they can charge fees for the auctions, and the fees for paypal. Talk about double dipping...:rolleyes:

I think eBay bought PayPal about five years ago. In fact, it was in October 2002 that they bought PayPal for 1.5 billion dollars. Conflict or not, they paid 1.5 billion dollars!

I have a friend on eBay who refuses to use PayPal. He lists around 100 trading card listings a week. He told me he we worried they would make him start offering PayPal and I told him to sign up already.

Some people, like I believe TJ Schwartz refuse to accept PayPal. I personally love PayPal. I don't know how most sellers would survive without PayPal.

allstarsplus
08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Sellers can accept many different payment methods and were never required to take PayPal, but with that said, many sellers only want PayPal.

I require at a minimum that all my bidders have to have a PayPal account but I accept many different payment methods.

The reason I want bidders to have PayPal accounts is a tool to "qualify" them as a real person. Since I put in that PayPal requirement, it has cut down on fake bidders and cancelled bids.

Astros7
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Ebay actually did require paypal about a month ago. It was a requirement I saw when listing something, but haven't seen it since. I don't know if there was too many complaints or what actually happened, but it was a requirement for at least a day or 2. I don't think it is required anymore. I liked the idea because there is no protection offered to buyers who send money orders or checks, only paypal offers protection

BergerKing22784
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah I loved it also for that reason the buyer protection. I am glad someone remembers that it was required for awhile also because I do remember that myself. I wish it still was required because it is a pain for me to go to get a money order or cashiers check or whatever it is they want, I know it cost the buyers fees but I bid more knowing I have a piece of mind that its going to be much harder to rip me off.

Well I am glad people are responding to this post because it seems like when I make a post or reply to a post i have bad luck in killing post and no one ever responds after I do hahahah.