PDA

View Full Version : MLB Mets Jackie Robinson Jersey Auction Question

Ozric
08-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Please let me know if anyone here picked up a 2008 Mets Jackie Robinson jersey in the recent MLB auction. I just received my jersey and there is a number written on the Majestic tag that does not coordinate with the number of the player I purchased. I know there was a recent thread that suggested there were supposed to be no markings on these other than the MLB hologram based on a response from MLB customer service. I was just wondering if anyone here has one where the number actually does match the player number they purchased or if I should just assume that this is more of an inventory number and not a player number. Seems pointless to have an inventory number when the player number would be easier to identify. The COA does suggest it is from the player that I wanted, but I'm curious as to what the number on the tag represents.

Thanks,

Tim

markfd
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I cannot address the Mets' but the Nationals Jackie Robinson Day jerseys I purchased did have the number of the player who wore the jersey written on the majestic tag.

Mark

---------------------

Always collecting Nationals and Yankees game used items

metsbats
08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Tim,

I contacted MLB regarding the Mets JR jerseys and was told no markings were going to be on the tags to distingush which player the jersey belong to and that the mlb hologram will be the source of that info.

I was a bit surprised that there were no markings but evidently based on your jersey there is and more alarming a no. not matching the player.

I would contact MLB and challenge them on this one. Sounds like there is a mix up.

David

Ozric
08-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Mark and David... Many thanks for your input. I will check with MLB and see what they say. I was curious to see if anyone from the forum purchased one to see if there numbers matched or were different like mine.

metsbats
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Tim,

Out of curiosity, which player did you win and which player did you actually receive (based on the number on the tag)?

Thanks
-David

Ozric
08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
David... No one major, just Sandy Alomar Jr as he is the Mets catching coach.

Thanks,

Tim

Ozric
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry... That's who I bid on, but there is no one listed on their playing/coaching roster with the number written on the tag...

Blake
08-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I purchased the Aaron Heilman jersey and it had the correct# written on the tag.

Gerald

frikativ54
08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Contact Sally.Tansill@mlb.com (Sally.Tansill@mlb.com and) and ask her your question. She has been the only one who has helped me with my problems with MLB.com Auctions. The more people complain, the more MLB.com Auctions' lack of customer service will have to change.

WOODFERN
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I Won The Howard Johnson Jackie Robinson Day Jersey And His #20 Was Marked On The Tag. Hope This Helps.

MRMusial
08-09-2008, 11:46 PM
No problem here. Purchased Joe Smith's Jackie Robinson Day jersey and received one marked with #35 on the tag.

Mike

metsbats
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Nice pickups guys. Glad to know MLB was mistaken and the jerseys actually had player numbers on the tags. Unfortunately for me, the misinformation I received stopped me from putting any bids on any of the jerseys.

David