PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez LA Helmet

geoff
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Manny already has Covered his new Helmet with Tar so no one can see the LA Logo.Steiner is going to love selling that at the end of the Year if they get the Helmet.Manny wearing number 99 is hard for me to get used to also.

gameused
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't think Steiner will end up with his helmet, they never got his Red Sox helmet. 99, never imagined Manny wearing that number. I think the Yankees will go try to sign him in the off season, what team do you think Manny will end up with?

Fnazxc0114
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
do you think it has anything to do with the amount of money he is looking to get. i read somewhere he was looking for 4 100 per. on a side note i think i read teixeira was looking for 8 yre 183 million. pretty crazy.

geoff
08-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I think Manny stays in LA.I hope Tex goes to the Orioles.I know he will have to take a Home Town Discount though.

mwbosoxfan
08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't think Steiner will end up with his helmet, they never got his Red Sox helmet. 99, never imagined Manny wearing that number. I think the Yankees will go try to sign him in the off season, what team do you think Manny will end up with?

I also think the Yankees. There is only a handful of teams that can pay the kind of money he will demand, and the Yankees have an ongoing history of over paying for good players that are getting old or are declining in production. It would fit their 'mo' and Manny's too, trying to stick it back to the Red Sox.

While Manny has already said publicly that he wants to finish out his career in LA and that he is eating National League pitching alive, he wants to be a DH and thus will settle back into the American League. I don't much about the Angels plans with Vlad, so I don't know about the possibility of Manny with the Angels. Manny grew up in NY, has said he would like to play for the Yankees, and based on the terms of his departure from Boston, I can easily see him in pinstripes next year. It would be good for the rivalry, but I personally would hate to see it.

Sheffield11
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I also think the Yankees. There is only a handful of teams that can pay the kind of money he will demand, and the Yankees have an ongoing history of over paying for good players that are getting old or are declining in production. It would fit their 'mo' and Manny's too, trying to stick it back to the Red Sox.

While Manny has already said publicly that he wants to finish out his career in LA and that he is eating National League pitching alive, he wants to be a DH and thus will settle back into the American League. I don't much about the Angels plans with Vlad, so I don't know about the possibility of Manny with the Angels. Manny grew up in NY, has said he would like to play for the Yankees, and based on the terms of his departure from Boston, I can easily see him in pinstripes next year. It would be good for the rivalry, but I personally would hate to see it.

I remember when damon was first traded and talking about how good NY was. He went on to say how he could Manny playing with him. Maybe he already knew.