PDA

View Full Version : Join me in DC ---Mets Nationals GUF Day

allstarsplus
08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
This isn't a "for sale" posting so I wanted to start the thread here which is open to Washington Nationals fans, Mets fans, and anyone else that wants to join me!!!

August 14th Thursday 7PM in Washington DC is the time & place.

We will be sitting directly behind homeplate with dinner in the President's Club.

Cost to you for ticket and Food---FREE

Cost to me---PRICELESS

Rules - Casual business attire w/ no shorts or Tshirts. First come first served. All non-Alcoholic beverages and food are complimentary.

JasonHalliburton
08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Andrew Lang is simply the man. He will take excellent care of you and show you the best time. I urge you to go and have a GREAT time with him. Go Nationals!

ironmanfan
08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
If it wasn't for helping out at the Ripken World Series, I would have definitely been there. What a generous offer and I hope to see some pictures posted afterward!

metsbats
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes that's really nice Andrew. Unfortunately I have a Journey concert to go to that night. Perhaps next year though.

Have a great time!

-David

BergerKing22784
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
If everything is free.. count me in.. can I bring a friend?

both-teams-played-hard
08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
That's a heckava nice thing to offer! I can't make the 3,000 mile trip, but you are a good guy for doing this...

dcgreg25
08-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I had already started to write a reply of "count me in" but unfortunately I am heading out of town next Thursday so I cant attend. Really nice offer! Hopefully we can connect at a nats or redskins game in the future.

markfd
08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Andrew,

This is a great opportunity to meet up with oher GUU folks and generous (as always) by you but unfortunately right now on Thursdays I have my softball league.

Mark

-----------------------

Always collecting Nationals and Yankees Game used items

BergerKing22784
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
From the looks of it I have a date with Andrew! haha Wow people I cant believe nobody else can go! So Andrew should I bring resume in hand and convince you to fire one of your employees so I can have a dream job working in the game used field?

Brian

jdr3
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Andrew,

I graciously accept. Warren, you can crash at my house!

-Jim

both-teams-played-hard
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Andrew,

I graciously accept. Warren, you can crash at my house!

-Jim
Thanks, Jim. If you send your private jet to pick me up at LAX, then I'll accept your offer. I'll even buy you a beer at the game!

Warren

ChrisCavalier
08-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Hello Andrew,

I just wanted to thank you for your very gracious offer. Although I went to school in D.C., I unfortunately will not be able to make the trip from Northern Cal. I hope you all have a great time and I also hope I have the pleasure of getting together with you guys sometime in the near future.

allstarsplus
08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Hello Andrew,

I just wanted to thank you for your very gracious offer. Although I went to school in D.C., I unfortunately will not be able to make the trip from Northern Cal. I hope you all have a great time and I also hope I have the pleasure of getting together with you guys sometime in the near future.

Chris - You are welcome. If you can make it in to DC any time the rest of the season, let me know.

Warren - We have Manny & the Dodgers coming in at the end of the month too!

Back on April 7th, I had a mini-GUF day in my Suite for the Nationals fans on the Forum and figured we would get a good crowd next week from the Mets fans on the Forum plus all the Balt/Wash-to-Richmond group.

Vintage Deputy (Jim) front and center!!!

Sgt. Halliburton was in last week to celebrate his 31st birthday so hopefully he can post some pics as he took dozens of pictures.

It looks like we are up to 7 on the RSVP list for next week! I still have some more tickets!!! The Richardson brothers from NYC are hopefully coming too.

Vintagedeputy
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Chris - You are welcome. If you can make it in to DC any time the rest of the season, let me know.

Warren - We have Manny & the Dodgers coming in at the end of the month too!

Back on April 7th, I had a mini-GUF day in my Suite for the Nationals fans on the Forum and figured we would get a good crowd next week from the Mets fans on the Forum plus all the Balt/Wash-to-Richmond group.

Vintage Deputy (Jim) front and center!!!

Sgt. Halliburton was in last week to celebrate his 31st birthday so hopefully he can post some pics as he took dozens of pictures.

It looks like we are up to 7 on the RSVP list for next week! I still have some more tickets!!! The Richardson brothers from NYC are hopefully coming too.

Oh no! Not me up front! haha. Showing off my internet steal, got that brand new Nats jacket for $13.

Andrew - I should be able to make it. Not sure what state of disrepair my truck will be in but I'll rent a car if need be. I wouldnt miss it! Thanks again for your generosity. You are certainly earning your place in the hereafter.

Jim

BergerKing22784
08-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey this isnt business casual! hahaha =)

Mr.3000
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I'd love to go but I don't think my many tattoos would fit into the "business casual" prerequisite. Kind of hard to cover them all up unless it's winter lol

allstarsplus
08-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!!! For Brian, Joe G. and Jim R. (not Jim Reed), I will leave your tickets at the "will call" by 6:30PM. The "will call" is located to the left of the centerfield gates. You will need ID to get them.

We have a great group coming and was only sorry that last minute things came up for Anthony Richardson who was traveling in from NYC.

We should also have a Patron Tequilla tasting for those over 21!

Call me at the # below if you need me.

For anyone who is getting to Washington DC early, I am going to ESPN's taping of PTI (Pardon The Interruption) if you want to go at 3:30 today, let me know!!!!