Locker Room Nameplates -- Which MLB Teams sell these?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris78
    • Nov 2007

Locker Room Nameplates -- Which MLB Teams sell these?

Hello Everyone,

Which MLB Teams sell their Locker Room Nameplates? The Phillies sell them and they are MLB authenticated. The one thing I find interesting with these is that you are probably better off spending a little more and getting the better players instead of spending the lower amounts. The prices range from $25 to $125 (although 2008 are $50 to $125).

BTW, I asked the person that was running the stand yesterday about bats and he told me that they will not have anymore bats for sale until MLB is done collecting the bats for their study. I have a feeling that we will see an abundance of bats later in the season (assuming they are returned), or none at all.

Thanks,

Chris
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: Locker Room Nameplates -- Which MLB Teams sell these?

The Orioles sometime sell theirs at their annual Fan Fest although I don't believe they come with MLB Authentication. As an aside, 20 years ago next month, Cal Ripken gave me his locker name plate after the last home game of the season (they looked a heck of a lot different back then)...I'm also attaching a picture of his nameplate from the Kingdome in Seattle (I purchased an entire lot of them after the imploded the Kingdome, basically just to get Cal)...

Comment

• TigerSteve
      • Jan 2008

The Tigers sell theirs, mostly in that price range also.

Comment

• harpt
        • May 2007

Originally posted by ironmanfan
        The Orioles sometime sell theirs at their annual Fan Fest although I don't believe they come with MLB Authentication. As an aside, 20 years ago next month, Cal Ripken gave me his locker name plate after the last home game of the season (they looked a heck of a lot different back then)...I'm also attaching a picture of his nameplate from the Kingdome in Seattle (I purchased an entire lot of them after the imploded the Kingdome, basically just to get Cal)...
        Ironman,

Did you get any Brewers in that lot that you'd like to part with? See below for tghe players I collect. Thanks
        Scott Harpt
        scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
        Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• bigtruck260
          • Sep 2007

The Cardinals sell them at the team store....

I just picked up Troy Glaus's from the first half of 2008.
          Dave
          Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
          River City Redbird Authentics
          http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
            • Sep 2007

In the past the A's have put them in their weekend auctions. Last year they sold a lot of 2006 nameplates had almost the entire team.

Comment

• Spiezio23
              • Nov 2005

The Mariners sell them but they are probably one of the most expensive in the league I'm sure but not quite Steiner prices. I wish we had prices on par with other teams for nameplates.

Most of them are in the $200-$300 range, I think Kenji was $500, Ichiro was at least a thousand, if not 2. Just the other night I inquired about the Arthur Rhodes plate since he was traded and it had just been marked down from $200 to $100

I'm a fan of nameplates and always keep an eye out for them. I got one awhile back(2 years?) from the forum here and had the player sign it it's one of my favorite pieces.
              Always looking for Seattle Mariners & Anything of Felix Hernandez or Richie Sexson.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• ironmanfan
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by harpt
                Ironman,

Did you get any Brewers in that lot that you'd like to part with? See below for tghe players I collect. Thanks
                The nameplate lot was about 25 and I know I have Molitor, though I'm not sure about the other guys you collect (I'm at work right now). I have had fun over the past few years getting them signed by the players (got about 7-8 signed; Buck Martinez, Ron Guidry, Rick Cerone; Andy Etchebarren; Jack Clark, etc.).

Comment

• bubbrubb25
                  • Jan 2007

Phillies do, I got an Abraham Nunez one from the 2007 NLDS for $25.
                  http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/

Email: dannysubach@yahoo.com

Comment

• kylehess10
                    • Feb 2006

The Braves sell theirs at the Fanfest. For the past 2 years I've seen them for only $2 each
                    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• tigerdale
                      • Dec 2007

I've bought quite a few tigers one over the past few years...my favorite are from the world series & alcs....over the past years, some seem to be mlb authenticated & some not. It would be nice to have one from each season. I've noticed the tigers in the past have had special ones for opening day some years, or switch styles midway thru. They also sold spring training ones. I also picked some up from the world baseball classic thru mlb auctions & have a couple from the celebrety softball game when the all-star game was in detroit.
                      always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                      Thank you, Dale
                      tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by tigerdale
                        I've bought quite a few tigers one over the past few years...my favorite are from the world series & alcs....over the past years, some seem to be mlb authenticated & some not. It would be nice to have one from each season. I've noticed the tigers in the past have had special ones for opening day some years, or switch styles midway thru. They also sold spring training ones. I also picked some up from the world baseball classic thru mlb auctions & have a couple from the celebrety softball game when the all-star game was in detroit.
                        Here are my Red Sox nameplates. They are not MLB authenticated and were from Openeing Day - 2004.

Jim
                        Attached Files

Comment

• kjjavic
                          • Dec 2005

I am not sure about if the Eagles sell them, but I picked this one up last year. It is a Locker Room Nameplate from the Eagles Patriots Superbowl.

Comment

• pietraynor
                            • Nov 2005

The Indians sell them at the team store, prices vary, most were signed & $30-60 each (no stars)..they appeared to be from spring training, but they've sold regular season nameplates i the past..Jay.

Comment

• harpt
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                              The nameplate lot was about 25 and I know I have Molitor, though I'm not sure about the other guys you collect (I'm at work right now). I have had fun over the past few years getting them signed by the players (got about 7-8 signed; Buck Martinez, Ron Guidry, Rick Cerone; Andy Etchebarren; Jack Clark, etc.).
                              Awesome. I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to email me anytime at the address below.
                              Scott Harpt
                              scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                              Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

Working...