PDA

View Full Version : New trend in SF Giants GW jerseys

boardburn
08-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I just picked up a John Bowker home 2008 Giants jersey from the team. Unlike the previous several seasons, they are now placing a hologram sticker on the back uniform number and aren't offering a team LOA. The jersey I received also lacks the "Purchased From San Francisco Giants" ink stamp inside the front tail (its presence has been hit and miss in the past anyhow).

Nice shirt, BTW... Decent wear and soft from many trips through the laundry. It has the Giants 50th Anny patch on the sleeve (1958-2008) which really makes it the 51st season in SF, not the 50th...... But who's counting :).

Dodgers101
08-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Did they sell them in the team store. I was up there last week when the Braves played the Giants and picked up a nice 2 patch (All star) & (Beck 47) when I asked about the '08s I was told not until the end of the year.
I'm looking for a home shirt from this year too if you can help me out.
Reply here or Email me privately at jonger@msn.com.

Thanks, John

hiramman
08-12-2008, 09:26 PM
What kind of hologram sticker? MLB or something else?

boardburn
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
The 2008 home jerseys arrived in the Dugout Store sometime during the LA series. All of the "name value" jerseys were gone (Molina, Rowand, Vizquel, etc). They have not released the road jerseys yet. Indeed, it is the MLB hologram on the back. Personally, I'd prefer it if they would place the holo's in a less conspicuous spot. Having a shiny silver dot stuck onto the back of the uniform is distracting, IMHO.

Tom

Dodgers101
08-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Can you or anyone in the SF area help me out in any way since I called and the team store doesn't do mail order.

John

boardburn
08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
John,

Send a request for a jersey list to gameused@sfgiants.com. The game used program manager (Paul Kelley) does the mail order stuff.

Tom

Dodgers101
08-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Tom,
Thanks alot for the info. I was able to get Ivan Ochoa's first Giants shirt. I was curious about the tagging on yours. Did it have the year tag? Mine doesn't and also when I look up the MLB number it 's list as a team issued jersey, does yours come up the same way.

Thanks again, John

boardburn
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi John,

Congrats on the Ochoa jersey pick-up. He has spent time working with Vizquel and they hope he will develop quickly.

I too noticed that MLB.com has the jerseys from this set listed as "team issued". I suspect this is a clerical error as the one I have and the others I have looked at in the Dugout Store clearly show multiple washings and use.

As far as the year tag goes, the one on mine is sewn next to the size tag, but is almost completely washed out (as is the case with my '07 Lewis and Taschner jerseys).

Tom

Dodgers101
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Tom,
Mine shows signs of washings as well on theinterior 0062 tag. Do you think the reason for no 2008 tag is that he was a mid season call up?
Is that common in the shirts you have seen? Thanks for all the info,

John

calgrad1999
09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I bought a jersey and the giants told me that the "game issued" distinction is not a clerical error. They assured me the jersey is game worn and that "game issued" is actually game worn per mlb's classifications. Also, the 8/4 date is the date of verification, not necessarily the date the item was used.

I picked up the Vizquel. Probably not too many more of those going to be available.

Dodgers101
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Interesting because all my other MLB authenticated jerseys say game worn, not game issued. I think the Giants should have issued a letter
with the jersey stating it was game used. I don't have much doubt in my mind that it was used. I just thought it was a little strange.