PDA

View Full Version : Rodriguez All Star Uni

cigarman44
08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
It's up on ebay right now if anyone wants to go half with me...

only 54,000 for jersey, pants and hat.

Any takers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Signed-AllStar-Game-Used-Baseball-Jersey_W0QQitemZ220268525688QQihZ012QQcategoryZ605 97QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hblakewolf
08-13-2008, 10:01 PM
That's one hell of an agreement Steiner must have with the Yankees! Can someone within the Steiner organization explain how their "exclusive agreement" with the Yankees allows A-Roid to offer this shirt with his LOA (and void of the usual Steiner hologram and paperwork) and bypass the agreement?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

hblakewolf
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
That's one hell of an agreement Steiner must have with the Yankees! Can someone within the Steiner organization explain how their "exclusive agreement" with the Yankees allows A-Roid to offer this shirt with his LOA (and void of the usual Steiner hologram and paperwork) and bypass the agreement?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Rudy made a great post on this in an earlier thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14454&highlight=steiner+agreement

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

TFig27
08-13-2008, 10:07 PM

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

This wasn't a Yankees event, this was a MLB event. So I am guessing MLB supplied the uniforms. Maybe, who knows.

kingjammy24
08-13-2008, 11:33 PM
i saw this jersey earlier and asked sean mahoney of steiner about it. his response:

"The players are entitled to keep their all star jerseys"

i've no idea why someone with arod's financial resources continues to waste his time making chicken scratch peddling his items through third-party firms. you'd think what precious free time he has would be spent with his daughter rather than conducting memorabilia deals that pay him pocket change.

rudy.

frikativ54
08-13-2008, 11:35 PM

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

Was that typo intentional? Or was it a Freudian slip? Either way, it sure was funny! :p :D :)

kingjammy24
08-14-2008, 12:11 AM
it appears to me that arod wore 2 different jerseys for the 2008 all-star game.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2015/arodhf5.jpg

rudy.

jetersbatboy
08-14-2008, 12:29 AM
$40,000 fake. Great job Rudy on the photo matching...Awesome...I hope you share this info with MVP marketing.
Aloha, Scott

hblakewolf
08-14-2008, 05:35 AM

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

I received an email from Mario Monteleone, President of Aroid's MVP Marketing, noting all of the players every year are allowed to keep their All-Star uniforms. These jerseys are not part of the Yankee-Steiner agreement. He further noted that It's the 1 time of the year he gets the opportunity to get his hands on a jersey.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

hblakewolf
08-14-2008, 06:40 AM
it appears to me that arod wore 2 different jerseys for the 2008 all-star game.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2015/arodhf5.jpg

rudy.

Rudy-
On the Ebay offering, I asked the question if A-Roid wore just one jersey or several for the game, as the offered jersey does not match photos on Getty. Here is the response:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:16 AM
To: Howard Wolf
Subject: RE: You've received a question about your eBay item, Alex Rodriguez Signed AllSt

Howard,

This is the only jersey he wore. It is unwashed and came right off the field. The photo's on getty do not have a close enough picture to be able to see the patches nor the 13.

Mario

FYI
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

yanks12025
08-14-2008, 06:52 AM
To me it looks like a match to the photo of him with the bat. The NY lines up and also the all-star game patch is lined up to.

yanks12025
08-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Heres a better photo.

bigtruck260
08-14-2008, 09:45 AM
I saw that his 2008 AS bat is listed too - they want $13,000....

kingjammy24
08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:16 AM
To: Howard Wolf
Subject: RE: You've received a question about your eBay item, Alex Rodriguez Signed AllSt

Howard,

This is the only jersey he wore. It is unwashed and came right off the field. The photo's on getty do not have a close enough picture to be able to see the patches nor the 13.

Mario

FYI
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

every single part of mario's statement is incorrect. the photos clearly show him wearing 2 different jerseys for the game. in the photos (in my montage) on the far right, with the bat and where he's hugging a brave, show a clearly different Yankee Stadium patch placement than the other photos. to me this means that either Arod changed jerseys during the game or he went into the dugout, stripped off the patch and decided to re-sew it in a different location. secondly, mario's saying that the getty photo showing arod with his back to the camera, signing autographs, doesn't provide a close enough pic of the #13? the pic of arod talking to the kid doesn't show a close enough photo of the Yankee Stadium patch?

anyway, i didn't mean to imply that the ebay jersey is bad. i'm saying that, from the getty photos, it seems very apparent that arod did indeed wear two different jerseys during the game. where were mario's seats during the game..in the dugout next to arod the entire 9 innings?

rudy.

kingjammy24
08-14-2008, 10:19 AM
and it's not simply the #13 that's different. the MLB neck logo placement is different.

rudy.