PDA

View Full Version : Undecided in purchase

toyin
08-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Which do you like more?
Which is a better conserve?

I feel it if this message is not of the subject matter of the forum, but I see many people you are big collector and I need your advice.

I like Michael Jordan, but also I remember with nostalgia the 80's.

Sorry for the translation.

Regards

http://store.upperdeck.com/media/productimages/cud58367.jpg

Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and Larry Bird Multi-Autographed Legends of Basketball Gold Montage

Largely responsible for elevating the NBA into a worldwide phenomenon in the 80s and 90s, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and Larry Bird are truly legendary basketball figures. Between the three of them, they captured 14 NBA championship rings and 11 NBA MVP awards during their pro careers. Upper Deck pays tribute to this fantastic trio via this limited-edition (500), multi-autographed Legends of Basketball montage on gold metallic paper. The overall item, which possesses a high-gloss, UV-coated finish, measures 50" wide x 24" high and features each of the hoops icons in classic poses from their playing days. Each of their signatures was signed with a gold pen and is guaranteed authentic through Upper Deck Authenticated's patented five-step process.

http://store.upperdeck.com/media/productimages/cud58513.jpg

Michael Jordan Autographed Red Bulls Jersey (circa 1997-98) - Framed

It's hard to believe that Michael Jordan's final season with the Chicago Bulls was a decade ago but the memories of "His Airness" continue on. This beautiful Chicago Bulls away jersey (circa 1997-98), autographed by Michael, instantly brings to mind the scene of M.J. hitting the momentous, game-winning shot to beat the Utah Jazz in Game 6 of the '98 NBA Finals. Jordan's signature (on the number "2" on the back of this Mitchell & Ness Hardwood Classics jersey) is guaranteed authentic through Upper Deck Authenticated's patented five-step authentication process. The overall framed item measures 32" wide x 42" high.

jboosted92
08-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Which do you like more?
Which is a better conserve?

I feel it if this message is not of the subject matter of the forum, but I see many people you are big collector and I need your advice.

I like Michael Jordan, but also I remember with nostalgia the 80's.

Sorry for the translation.

Regards

http://store.upperdeck.com/media/productimages/cud58367.jpg

Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and Larry Bird Multi-Autographed Legends of Basketball Gold Montage

Largely responsible for elevating the NBA into a worldwide phenomenon in the 80s and 90s, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan and Larry Bird are truly legendary basketball figures. Between the three of them, they captured 14 NBA championship rings and 11 NBA MVP awards during their pro careers. Upper Deck pays tribute to this fantastic trio via this limited-edition (500), multi-autographed Legends of Basketball montage on gold metallic paper. The overall item, which possesses a high-gloss, UV-coated finish, measures 50" wide x 24" high and features each of the hoops icons in classic poses from their playing days. Each of their signatures was signed with a gold pen and is guaranteed authentic through Upper Deck Authenticated's patented five-step process.

http://store.upperdeck.com/media/productimages/cud58513.jpg

Michael Jordan Autographed Red Bulls Jersey (circa 1997-98) - Framed

It's hard to believe that Michael Jordan's final season with the Chicago Bulls was a decade ago but the memories of "His Airness" continue on. This beautiful Chicago Bulls away jersey (circa 1997-98), autographed by Michael, instantly brings to mind the scene of M.J. hitting the momentous, game-winning shot to beat the Utah Jazz in Game 6 of the '98 NBA Finals. Jordan's signature (on the number "2" on the back of this Mitchell & Ness Hardwood Classics jersey) is guaranteed authentic through Upper Deck Authenticated's patented five-step authentication process. The overall framed item measures 32" wide x 42" high.

Both are great items! I think you would be happy with either.... I think the montage is a bit more rare, and you'll be able to snag a Jordan jersey like that, for a long time...

my best advice ( which i have to give myself) is to try to focus your collection. If you like 80s B-ball..( i grew up in that area) then focus on Bird, Jordan, Magic, Barkley..etc... If you find yourself to be just a big Jordan fan, focus on his stuff

This focus will help you build a nice collection, and will feel rewarding each time you add to it

Regards

zookerman182
08-14-2008, 11:57 AM
def the bird, magic, jordan for me. I have looked that piece up and down a few times and not bitten just because when i do buy it there will be something game used come along i will need. The jersey is awesome as well but the other piece takes the cake in my book.

Tedw9
08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
No question, the Bird, Magic and Jordan. There are not that many legit items out there signed by those 3 legends. That is a stunning piece, worthy of any collection.

Please let us know what you decide to buy and post a pic if you can. :)

frikativ54
08-14-2008, 07:38 PM
No question, the Bird, Magic and Jordan. There are not that many legit items out there signed by those 3 legends. That is a stunning piece, worthy of any collection.

Please let us know what you decide to buy and post a pic if you can. :)

I'd have to agree. MJ jerseys are pretty common compared to the pic with the three superstars. Plus, it's really neat to have an item that represents an era. Happy Collecting!

MRMusial
08-14-2008, 11:03 PM

Without question in my book ... the trifecta.

toyin
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
The jersey is the winner :) . Nba store ships to my country. Upper Deck not :(. The photography only has the upper deck store's.

Regards

trsent
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
The jersey is the winner :) . Nba store ships to my country. Upper Deck not :(. The photography only has the upper deck store's.

Regards

Those huge frames from Upper Deck Authenticated, which come in huge boxes, are really hard and expensive to ship internationally.

toyin
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
The problem is that upper deck does not send out of EEUU and Canada :(. Obviously they have more quantity of objects that nba store.
The expenses are excessive, to add to this the aduane of my country :mad:.

But it is the only way of having something "authentic"

joelsabi
08-20-2008, 10:50 AM
i bet you can find this from a upper deck authenticated dealer and not from upperdeck directly. check ebay.

trsent
08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
i bet you can find this from a upper deck authenticated dealer and not from upperdeck directly. check ebay.

I can see if UDA still has this piece in stock and if so my price with international shipping may be less than their full retail price. I assume shipping will be really big, but my retail may be less.

Email me if interested at joel@alpert.net

frikativ54
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I can see if UDA still has this piece in stock and if so my price with international shipping may be less than their full retail price. I assume shipping will be really big, but my retail may be less.

Email me if interested at joel@alpert.net

Joel,

That is extremely nice of you. I hope the guy gets the piece he is looking for.

-Frik