PDA

View Full Version : Puckett St. Patrick's Day Jersey - Howard Can You Help Me?

trsent
03-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I figured Howard is always asking for help, so Howard, can you help me with this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kirby-Puckett-GU-Worn-St-Patricks-Day-Jersey-Rare_W0QQitemZ8778433451QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

hblakewolf
03-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Joel-
Unlike the Orioles, the Twins did indeed wear St. Pat's jerseys.

I have had a few in the past, and they were totally different than this version you are seeking info for.

The style I had had screened TWINS on front, not sewn. Likewise, the numbers on back were also screened in white. No sleeve patch. I can't remember the maker, but it was not Wilson. I think it was an "off brand" (Spanjan?)

It is interesting that the jersey in question is Puckett, and not a common.

I suggest you possibly send it to Lou Lampson for his opinion. Based on his keen understanding, knowledge and past experience with rare St. Patrick's jerseys, maybe he can shed some insight on this or better yet, provide you with a LOA if you win it!

Good luck!
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ahuff
03-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Joel,

I know you didn't ask for my help, but I thought I would tell you my experience. I too have owned one of the Twin's St. Patties Day jerseys. Mine also had ironed on letters and numbers, and had no patches. I sold it several years ago, and I can't remember the manufacturer.

both-teams-played-hard
03-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Isn't the jersey made from what the kids today call, "dazzle cloth" or "micro-mesh"? I've never seen a shiney nylon mesh with 80s Wilson tags. The Wilson tag seems very close to the botton hem...
Did the infamous Ripken St. Pat's jersey come from Coach's Corner?

beni0016
03-13-2006, 04:00 AM
I believe that all of the Twins St. Patrick's Day Jersey were made by Steichens. Although I am in no way a jersey expert, I am a pretty avid Twins collector and the authetnic examples that I have seen had the name and numbers screened on as well.

Regards,

Andy
www.vintagebats.com (http://www.vintagebats.com)