PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Andrew Lang

jdr3
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Andrew,

I cannot thank you enough for the incredible experience you allowed all of us to have last night. Seats just yards away from home plate, standing feet from ownership members, scantily clad women everywhere, it was a night I will never forget. Your kindness and generosity are overwhelming!

Thank you,

Jim Reed

ChrisCavalier
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Andrew,

I cannot thank you enough for the incredible experience you allowed all of us to have last night. Seats just yards away from home plate, standing feet from ownership members, scantily clad women everywhere, it was a night I will never forget. Your kindness and generosity are overwhelming!

Thank you,

Jim Reed
I just wanted to say thank again to Andrew as well. Although I couldn't make it, with the exception of the scantily dressed women (I'm very happily married), the description makes me feel like I missed something special.

Thanks again for making the offer to those here.

Sincerely,
Chris

Mr.3000
08-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I would love to make the next outing (if I'm invited) :) I'm a stone's throw away from DC.

allstarsplus
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
It was a fun night and thanks to everyone that came! I know VintageDeputy (Jim) didn't get back to Richmond last night until 3AM.

Towards the end of the game we met up with Ryan Langerhans wife Shari who was sitting in front of us with her parents. That added some additional interest to a game that got out of hand hearing a player's wife's perspective of being traded to different teams and shuffled back and forth between AAA and the Majors. A very nice family.

Next year, I will let Chris Cavalier choose a game date for the 2nd Annual GUU Washington trip!!!

allstarsplus
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
scantily clad women everywhere, it was a night I will never forget. Your kindness and generosity are overwhelming!

Thank you,

Jim Reed

My oldest son (in Nats jersey) was the recipient of all the unused tickets which he put to good use to bring his girlfriend and other friends).

The Patron tequilla girls were very nice too!!!!

Vintagedeputy
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Along with the others, I'd like to thank Andrew as well. It was one of the best nights I've ever had at a ballpark. Wish I could say the same for the packed and delayed Metro and sitting in traffic on Rt. 95 for an hour!

Talking with Shari was awesome. She gave us some real insight into being a ballplayer's wife. Do a search for Shari Langerhans on the net and you'll see why she was so difficult to pull away from. She was very bit as funny and intelligent as she was attractive.

After I finished speaking with Shari, I looked up and saw none other than Don Sutton. He was bigger than I imagined.

Thanks again Andrew - a wonderful evening was had by all.

allstarsplus
08-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Talking with Shari was awesome. She gave us some real insight into being a ballplayer's wife. Do a search for Shari Langerhans on the net and you'll see why she was so difficult to pull away from. She was very bit as funny and intelligent as she was attractive.

Jim - Thanks for the heads up on Shari's bodybuilding photos!!!

allstarsplus
08-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Jim - You missed this scene on Tuesday night!

This is Taryne Mowatt and my 14 year old son Darryl in my Suite. Do a Google search on Taryne. She was the 2007 ESPY winner for best female athlete for her records she set in softball at University of Arizona.

Who says baseball isn't fun????? ;)

BaseballGM
08-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Andrew- I don't know how I missed your posting but I'm glad everyone had a great time. Maybe next time!

allstarsplus
08-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Andrew- I don't know how I missed your posting but I'm glad everyone had a great time. Maybe next time!

I thought for sure you, Mark, and Tony would make it. Brian B. text messaged me and last minute couldn't make it.

I will definitely do this again next year.

We had over a dozen members show up and even had some game used biz go on as Greg came to my car after the game to pick up a Jesus Flores bat he got from me.

BergerKing22784
08-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I am so mad i missed it but thank you Andrew!!! I hate my boss for making me feel guilty about all the work I was about to leave when i tried to leave ! I am a sucker! Grrrrrrrrrrr I am so mad I missed it!