X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtruck260
    • Sep 2007

Locker Name Plates - Display Help

Hey folks -

I recently picked up my first locker name tag, and it was kind of an impulse buy. Not sure how to display it properly. I was thinking about framing...but it requires a long frame (22-24 inches) to make it look decent, and probably needs a black or dark red background.

Ultimately, I would like to put it in a shadowbox with some other items like signed cards, batting gloves - etc.

Just wondering how others are displaying these cool pieces.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic
  • BIGSTIG
    • Apr 2008

Re: Locker Name Plates - Display Help

Dave,

It's easy Here is the solution - Now that you have the locker name tag, you need to get a GU jersey, bat, helmet, cleats, pants, socks, hat etc and build a locker!! DUH!!

Comment

• bigtruck260
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by BIGSTIG
      Dave,

It's easy Here is the solution - Now that you have the locker name tag, you need to get a GU jersey, bat, helmet, cleats, pants, socks, hat etc and build a locker!! DUH!!
      Funny you mention that. If it was anyon but Troy Glaus, I would have considered it. I have yet to see any of his Cardinal bats hit the secondary market...and the only jersey I saw was from spring training.

You are right though, it would be a fun project to do something like that.
      Dave
      Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
      River City Redbird Authentics
      http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• 59FIFTY
        • Aug 2008

You could use some double sided tape and just stick it to the wall, stays up well but if you want to remove it it's easy

Comment

• larry bourget
          • Nov 2005

VELCRO stickers, cost like $2 for a package of 10 or so.

LB

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

I use 3M double sided thick tape. It's about 1/8 of an inch thick and makes the plate stick out when you display it instead of flush against the wall.

The tape comes off easily if you want to move the plate so it won't damage or leave residue on the back of the plate.

-David
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

I was able to fit these locker room tags into a 8X10 photo frame.

-David
              Attached Files
              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• BaseballGM
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

About 15 years ago I had a plastics person custom make an acrylic clear display for a plate I won at an auction. He cut out a 1/4" thick rectangular insert so that the nameplate could fit in there with a clear border. The he basically drilled 4 holes at the corners and sandwiched it together.
                It's very heavy but looks great.

Comment

• harpt
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by metsbats
                  I use 3M double sided thick tape. It's about 1/8 of an inch thick and makes the plate stick out when you display it instead of flush against the wall.

The tape comes off easily if you want to move the plate so it won't damage or leave residue on the back of the plate.

-David
                  I have an old nameplate (thanks to Bill Haelig) that is starting to bow (it is made of that sturdy fiber board material). Do you think this tape is strong enough to keep this type of thing flat over time, or should I be getting this into something else?
                  Scott Harpt
                  scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                  Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by harpt
                    I have an old nameplate (thanks to Bill Haelig) that is starting to bow (it is made of that sturdy fiber board material). Do you think this tape is strong enough to keep this type of thing flat over time, or should I be getting this into something else?
                    Scott it must be a large nameplate if it's bowing. You may need to use several strips of tape to prevent it from bowing like 1 on each end and 1-2 strips in the middle depending on how long it is. If this doesn't work I think your best bet may be putting it into a frame so it stays flat.

The plate I had was small enough where i only need to use tape on either end.

-David
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• harpt
                      • May 2007

OK, thanks a lot David.
                      Scott Harpt
                      scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                      Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• grenda12
                        • Oct 2008

I got a frame from walmart that looked like this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10404215 Took the mat board that came with the frame and the locker room name plate to Hobby Lobby. I picked out the color of the mat board I wanted and then they cut it down to the same size of the mat board I came in with. They measured the name plate, and the area that it was going to fit into, then cut it. That was it. I came home and slapped some clear tape to hold it to the mat board and in the frame it went.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• thomecollector
                          • May 2006

Grenda,
                          That looks awesome. Lmk when you want to get rid of the Thome.....

Roger
                          Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                          thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• jkalathas
                            • Dec 2007

I used double stick tape to apply the nameplate to the inside of my jersey case.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• michaellechner
                              • Feb 2013

Hey guys,

This is an old thread but I wanted to give you maybe some new inspiration on displaying locker nameplates. I can't take all the credit for this, because I know I saw someone else do something similar, I just can't remember who or where I saw it.

I recently got a Freddie Freeman nameplate and couldn't decide how to display it. I looked around a little bit and thought that this would work beautifully and I'm super happy with the way it turned out!

I got an 11x14 action shot of Freddie, then got an 18x24 movie poster sized frame. I placed the nameplate in the frame, and the 11x14 just above it. I just got it up on my wall and I think it looks really slick.

Obviously due to the wall space it takes up, you couldn't do this with every nameplate. But it works great for a special piece of your favorite player!

What do you guys think? How do you display nameplates?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...