PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks on Ebay

JackHE
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Several Seahawk jerseys on ebay, anybody have any thoughts on how legit they may be ? Apparently, no LOAs yet the Seahawks include an LOA with any bought off their site..?? Any thoughts on the seller ?

Thanks

Larry Pelliccioni
08-18-2008, 07:55 PM
I purchased one and although no loa there is a bar code in the neck. The jersey also had custom alterations on sleeves and hem and had a few sew repairs.
He seems to have escalated the prices but hey, that's his perogative.
I was pleased both with the jersey and the shipping service.
Larry Pelliccioni

Blake
08-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Many of the jerseys being offered on Ebay were listed for sale on the Seahawks website. The prices I saw ranged from $99-299.

Gerald

svinteractive
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I noticed that three of the jerseys recently listed are torn completely down the front (collar to lower hem) and repaired. Is this a common occurrence? I wasn't able to find any photo matches. What's more curious is that the rips seem to be similar in nature, with each starting to the right of the NFL logo (not at the seam behind the logo where you would think a rip would start).

So I guess my questions are:

1. Does it seem likely that these rips occurred from game play, or was it some other event?
2. If so, is it likely that the repairs were made and the jersey went back into play, or is this a post retirement repair job done so the jersey could be sold?

Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180278191639&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Lokee
08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
I couldn't even find the link on the seahawks site to buy game jersey's ? where is it located ?

JackHE
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
As mentioned, both the Kerney and Tapp jerseys have virtually the same jersey length repair job. Wht are the odds of that ?? Apparently a legit seller but something is up with at least those two IMO.

svinteractive
08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
The third with the same type of rip/repair is Julian Peterson.

Blitzmaster
10-19-2008, 12:20 AM
A little info on the repairs. As many players ear their jerseys many sizes to small, they require the assistance of a team employee(usually a trainer) to pull the jersey over their torso's. As players are given numerous jersey's throughout the year, some players have decided it is easier to have the jersey's cut off of them then to try and squeeze back out of them. the Seahawks had an exclusive contract to sell all of the jerseys so MOST of them were repaired and sold to game exclusives.

Number9
10-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah. that's it exactly. I was wondering why there were three Kerney jerseys that were all repaired from the V neck all the way down the front to the hem. And none of them matched photos, I mean there are zero photos at Getty/Wireimage/Yahoo etc that show him wearing a jersey repaired like that.
So the only thing that could explain it is that he rips his jerseys off and/or they are cut off after the games as Blitzmaster said. He wears his jerseys really tight.
In my opinion, this ruins the jerseys as they were never worn that way by Kerney, with the long repair. Too bad, as I would have bought a Kerney probably.
Some spots on a white one DO match a photo of Kerney in one game so the jerseys are certainly good, its just that he never worn them after they were ripped and repaired.
You gotta feel bad for whoever has to repair all those before they are sold. Looks like a bunch of Seahawks do that.

Lokee
10-19-2008, 11:08 PM
I went to the Seahawks pro shop yesterday. They had a Julian Peterson with the rip going down the front and it looked to be repaired with a couple show laces. They wanted 699.99 for it. They also had Darryl Tapp for 399.99, Chris Spencer they had three 2 home and 1 away for 399.99 each and a couple others. HONESTLY they are overpriced. They also seel game used jackets (40.00 each), gloves (prices vary), undershirts and fleece's (prices vary).

Blitzmaster
10-21-2008, 03:42 AM
they dont fix them all.............
http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/11/1f/11e4_1.JPG