Name:	DSC03573.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	719783

contact me oldz70@yahoo.com. thanks.
  • kingjammy24
    • Nov 2005

Re: ruben sierra jersey!

i've followed late 80s/early 90s texas rangers jerseys somewhat closely and never seen that nob font. maybe i'm wrong and someone else can provide some insight. same jersey:

this is the font i'm used to seeing:

rudy.

Comment

• platinum1
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Well I found these

Comment

• kingjammy24
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by platinum1
        Well I found these
        that font is the same as seen on the sierra i posted above. different angles may make it appear somewhat different but it isn't.
        i'd like to see a single texas ranger jersey, from 87-93, with this font:

rudy.

Comment

• momen55
          • Aug 2006

sorry, but 2 years ago when i bought this i didn't know as much as i know now. all i saw was a sierra gamer and since he was a favorite and native puerto rican, and wore 21 like clemente, i bought it. i have a game bat and cap from the same period so i thought the jersey would fit the display well.

i didn't know anything about "A" styles and strip tagging. i learned that when i came here.

Comment

• ahuff
            • Nov 2005

You can check out my site: I have a ton of Kunkel jerseys, but I also have a Sierra.

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

The "E" on my jersey doesn't match the "E" on the subject jersey. Plus, I would expect to see the strip tagging on a gamer.
            "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• momen55
              • Aug 2006

what can i do to get my money back? or at least some? i called ASI but they don't seem to be in business. what recourse do i have regarding this? are they still around and have some of you delt with them with any issues?
              in seeing what you guys have and comparing i definitely don't like the fact that my jersey is not legit.

Comment

• kylehess10
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by momen55
                i called ASI but they don't seem to be in business.

That's what they want you to think.
                kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• kingjammy24
                  • Nov 2005

ASI is no longer in business? I've gotten some recent emails from them offering items for sale. As of Sept 2, 2008, they've got feedback for recent sales on ebay:

here's their website: http://www.authenticsportsinc.com/

and the contact info given on their site:
                  Email: Info@authenticsportsinc.com
                  Phone: 727-502-0040
                  Fax: 727-502-0045
                  Address:
                  Authentic Sports, Inc.
                  3093 46th Ave N.
                  St. Petersburg, FL 33714

ASI is headed by Bradley A. Wells. You can try contacting ASI via the email and phone numbers. If all fails, you can contact the police in St. Petersburg: http://www.stpete.org/police/

If the transaction occurred via US Mail, there may be a case for mail fraud which is a felony in itself. Here's more on that: http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/in...MailFraud.aspx

Brad seems to get his act together quickly when the thread of a felony looms. See this thread: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=5577

good luck.

rudy.

Comment

• momen55
                    • Aug 2006

thanks rudy. since i don't deal with them, i wasn't aware they moved from clearwater to st. pete. anyway, i called and brad wasn't around. i will expect him to call me so hopefully we can get this ironed out.

Comment

• momen55
                      • Aug 2006

hey rudy;
                      how about posting pics of the tagging for me? i expect brad to call me so i want to have something for him to see as proof that the jersey is not legit.

Comment

• kingjammy24
                        • Nov 2005

hey rudy;
                        how about posting pics of the tagging for me? i expect brad to call me so i want to have something for him to see as proof that the jersey is not legit.
                        i don't currently have access to my photo library. it should be a strip tag with either just the uniform number or the uniform number and the set.
                        personally, i don't even believe you'd need to bring that up given how bad the nob is.

i'm well aware that nob variations legitimately exist. i remember in 1991 roberto alomar changed jerseys at the mid-season mark and proceeded to wear a home jersey with a slightly different nob font than he'd worn in the first half of the season and slightly different from the rest of the team. in fact, if i was purchasing a 1991 roberto alomar all-star game-used jersey, i'd only accept one with an 'incorrect' nob font. during 1994, the jays actively used 2 different nob fonts on same-styled jerseys.

however, i've never seen the nob font on your rangers jersey ever used by any ranger during any year from 1987-1993. for an anomaly to be legit, i'd like to think there'd be some evidence pointing to its legitimacy. a single photo or a large quantity of jerseys all exhibiting the same anomaly. the nob on your jersey is completely off and i've never seen it before anywhere else. if brad's a decent guy then that should be enough for a refund.

rudy.

Comment

• momen55
                          • Aug 2006

i guess i will have to get in touch with the FBI on this bogus jersey. the person i bought it from won't fess up to it nor will ASI.
                          any ideas before i go that route?

Comment

• camarokids
                            • Jun 2006

bought from asi some years ago. very nice jersey. $300.......

i guess i will have to get in touch with the FBI on this bogus jersey. the person i bought it from won't fess up to it nor will ASI.
                            any ideas before i go that route?
                            well which is it? did you buy it from ASI or someone else?????
                            Thank you,
                            David

This is my email address here!
                            dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• momen55
                              • Aug 2006

i bought it from ebay member just_collect who bought it from ASI. neither one wants anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...