PDA

View Full Version : Piazza autographed HB Dodger bats

metsbats
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8718826806&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

This is the second Piazza Dodger bat w/ an autograph and missing model number on the barrel. I just receive and email from Elite sport w/ another.

Did he do a signing of these bats early in his career and now they are showing up as GU auto?

David

suave1477
03-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Well regarding the item you posted. It has a psa dna letter with it and in my opinion they are pretty good to authneticating the person who is selling it seems to know what hes doing concerning authenticity. He also strongly suggests you do your homework before buying. Which to me says a lot bcuz if your trying to ged rid of a fake your trying to sell it to the most naive person. I am not surprised his items are starting to pop up bcuz now him being with the Padres is going to down value his items. He was a good player in his early years for the dodgers and the mets, but his career starting dwindling towards the end. At this point where everyone feels you should just retire and your staying in the game does bring things down.

Remember what happend to Willie Mays when he joined the Mets!!!!

metsbats
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I was actually not questioning the autograph. It's the bat itself. Advertised as game ready and Elite Sports has one that they are selling as "game used". The absence of a model number next to the GENUINE stamp about the block letters does not make in my opinion a game model bat but perhaps a show bat.

David

metsbats
03-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Here's the Elite bat which is advertised as GU..