Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intheminors
    • Jul 2006

TNT Toys

This may have been covered before but did you see this?

Does that mean I can track all my Mets minor league jerseys back to the big team? Sweet...

Kyle
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Re: TNT Toys

Originally posted by intheminors
    This may have been covered before but did you see this?

Does that mean I can track all my Mets minor league jerseys back to the big team? Sweet...

Kyle
    Kyle,

Sorry, not that simple. That is not a MLB Mets jersey, never was.

For starters, in 1999, the New York Mets team logo and numbering on all jerseys had a black drop shadow. This one doesn't. 1999 NY Mets gamers also had the tagging on the inside back tail of the jersey, not the front. This is purely a minor league jersey.

I wrote this seller about a "Mike Piazza" jersey he is also selling (note that the Piazza also has the same wrong characteristics, and is a size 44 to boot). He has not even acknowledged my email.

I'd be very weary about minor league Mets jerseys purported to be major league jerseys... or ask an expert...

Regards,
    Nick

PS- LOVE the Toros jersey!
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• intheminors
      • Jul 2006

Yeah, I just thought you'd get a kick out of it. Is AIS even correct for the Mets. I know some of their minor league clubs use it but didn't think the big club did.

I just got my Mets Marlon Anderson jersey directly from the team and it looks much different than these. Too many things to point out in this e-mail.

Kyle

Comment

• TNTtoys
        • Aug 2006

AIS in fact did make the Mets home pinstripe jerseys from 1995-1999; however, they tagged the NY Mets jerseys differently than the minor league ones. Rawlings took over in 2000; Majestic has been doing them for the last 6 years.
        Looking for ...
        Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
        Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
        Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...