PDA

View Full Version : Recent Mastro Auction Results

JimCaravello
08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Don't know if anyone has looked at some of the ending bids specifically for baseball game used items in the recent Mastro auction - I thought there were quite a number of items that sold pretty cheap.......

ironmanfan
08-28-2008, 04:29 PM
is this simply a coincidence that these lower ending prices come in wake of their 'discussion' with the FBI earlier in the month?

lund6771
08-28-2008, 06:50 PM
It'll be VERY interesting to watch ALL of the auctions...I'd love to see who has the balls to try and shill bid now

David
08-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Realize that in a case of shilling, it can be the consignors not the auction house that are shilling. It could be consignors rather than the auction house who are nervous.

lund6771
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Realize that in a case of shilling, it can be the consignors not the auction house that are shilling. It could be consignors rather than the auction house who are nervous.

Exactly!!!!

ironmanfan
08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm sure that was the FBI's concern....consignor shilling

David
08-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Most subpoenas are given to witnesses and others with information, and not the people who are the direct focus of potential prosecution. Prosecutors will say that many who are supoenaed are innocent parties who happen to have information or testimony they need-- the proverbial and sometimes literal bystander witnesses to a car accident or robbery. Keep this in mind with the specific people who received a subpoena at the National. Even Barry Bonds was subpoenaed only to tesity before the Grand Jury, and got into legal trouble only because the prosecution felt he lied under oath.