PDA

View Full Version : Value of this jersey?

bubbrubb25
08-29-2008, 07:01 PM

frikativ54
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM

I don't see any jersey, just a simple period.

bubbrubb25
08-29-2008, 07:04 PM
My internet wasnt working well and I already typed this twice so I just posted the . to see if it was gonna let me make a thread,

I have an unwashed game used manny ramirez jersey. It was worn in New York in 2004 when manny his his #22 Homerun of the year, that was the historic game when Jeter dove into the stands. I seen a manny jersey on ebay a few months ago that sold for 2300-2400 and was wondering what you believe this jersey is worth? Thank you.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/GAME%20USED/002.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/GAME%20USED/003-1.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/GAME%20USED/001.jpg

bubbrubb25
08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
It also has a COA from ESM and holo and mannys holo

bubbrubb25
08-29-2008, 09:17 PM
44 people viewed this and noone said a word? Why are people so hesitant to give prices on here?

costas
08-29-2008, 09:26 PM
why is that game where Jeter dove into the stands considered "historic"?

bubbrubb25
08-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Well you rembered it oviously? Ask a baseball fan if he rembers the game jeter dove into the stands and most likey he says he rembers it, thats what I meant by historic lots of people rember it espn replays it alot theres signed pictures out there of jeter ect.

kylehess10
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM

:D :D :D :D

bubbrubb25
08-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Anyway could you help me out and give me a price range for this jersey? Any help would be greatly appreciated im shocked almost 100 people viewed this and noone posted anything.

Rob L
08-30-2008, 01:00 AM
I think most people will shy away from this jersey because this is not a team issued jersey. There are numerous ManRam jerseys with this "large" 2004 year tag which are allegedly from Manny's order of extra jerseys. The problem lies in the fact that every 2004 jersey with the "large" tag show huge amounts of staining which generally are inconsistent with his play. None of the team issued jerseys from 2004 show anywhere near this kind of staining. In addition, no one, as far as I know, has been able to show a picture with Manny wearing a jersey with this large tag. Every 2004 photo that I have seen with the tag exposed is the team issued tag.

That being said, Manny did order alot of extra jerseys, ostensibly to wear and sell through his website. These large tags are probably the ones he ordered. This jersey has enough stains that you should be able to photomatch with the jersey he wore when he hit this homerun.

Hope some of this info. helped.

platinum1
08-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Wouldnt the inscription scare you away. He signed it Manny Ramirez W.S MVP HOME RUN #22. Did he predict he was going to be the W.S MVP or did he sign the jersey after the World Series and how did he still remember that was the jersey he wore to hit #22.

gamer35
08-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Good luck photomatching that one. At least this time he actually got right when he hit HRs on the road and when he hit HRs at home. I have yet to see one of those HR jerseys match the respective game they are in and I have most of the 2004 Sox season on DVD.

allstarsplus
08-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Wouldnt the inscription scare you away. He signed it Manny Ramirez W.S MVP HOME RUN #22. Did he predict he was going to be the W.S MVP or did he sign the jersey after the World Series and how did he still remember that was the jersey he wore to hit #22.

I agree with you. I personally don't like jerseys with added inscriptions that don't pertain to the exact jersey at hand.

If Manny wore this for HR #22, then that is fantastic---but why add WS MVP if he didn't wear it in the WS?

As Platinum said, by putting the WS MVP inscription on there it then shows it was auto'd after the season which then goes back to Manny's own credibility and ESM as to that it was in fact worn for HR #22.

bubbrubb25
08-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree with you. I personally don't like jerseys with added inscriptions that don't pertain to the exact jersey at hand.

If Manny wore this for HR #22, then that is fantastic---but why add WS MVP if he didn't wear it in the WS?

As Platinum said, by putting the WS MVP inscription on there it then shows it was auto'd after the season which then goes back to Manny's own credibility and ESM as to that it was in fact worn for HR #22.
Well if he changes jerseys when he hits homeruns theres gonna be alot of them so he probably tags them to which hr was hit in the jersey then signs them with esm after the season when he has time.

platinum1
08-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Well if he changes jerseys when he hits homeruns theres gonna be alot of them so he probably tags them to which hr was hit in the jersey then signs them with esm after the season when he has time.
Well if he changes jerseys everytime he hits a HR and marks the jersey why not just sign the jersey when he changes.Taking the time to mark the jersey and not sign it is stupid because it would only takre an extra second to sign it.

gamer35
08-30-2008, 12:36 PM

All it takes is a simple getty search from that game to see that his jersey is as clean as a whistle unless he turned into Rickey Henderson after this pic was taken. Very good chance that this jersey was signed after the season after it was rubbed up. I would have more confidence buying a jersey that is not sourced from Manny, he'll clearly sign anything game used.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/51073591.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE8524D6A3BABB77BD 4E9C89C783688B46

bubbrubb25
08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
All it takes is a simple getty search from that game to see that his jersey is as clean as a whistle unless he turned into Rickey Henderson after this pic was taken. Very good chance that this jersey was signed after the season after it was rubbed up. I would have more confidence buying a jersey that is not sourced from Manny, he'll clearly sign anything game used.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/51073591.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE8524D6A3BABB77BD 4E9C89C783688B46
Link doesnt work and dont forget that game went into extra innings.

bubbrubb25
08-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Well if he changes jerseys everytime he hits a HR and marks the jersey why not just sign the jersey when he changes.Taking the time to mark the jersey and not sign it is stupid because it would only takre an extra second to sign it.
I'm sure he wasnt the one marking them he prob had a clubhouse attendent do it.

Rob L
08-30-2008, 04:31 PM
It seems as if ManRam always hits homeruns in his own tagged jerseys. It's amazing that his tagged jerseys get so dirty so quickly with very few photos showing the amount of stains that are exhibited on his jerseys.

mwbosoxfan
08-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Bubbrubb - Anything is possible, but a majority of opinions don’t think it’s plausible. You asked for an opinion on its value, and basically, it’s hard to place one on this jersey. I think the fact that there is a slight chance that it is legit, no one wants to come out and say it’s worthless. However, going down the check list and “doing your homework” would suggest that most would stay away from these extra order Manny jerseys, thus reducing their value significantly.

orioles03
08-30-2008, 10:17 PM
when the red sox came into baltimore we always had to count the jerseys i know one series manny had at least 10 jerseys and probally 15 pair of pants i have never seen the 2004 tag on manny's jerseys i unpacked manny's bag every time they came in to baltimore from 2002-2006 hope this helps.he even gave tejada a jersey which sat in his locker from 05 until the time he was traded

Rob L
09-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Jersey is on eBay if anyone is interested.

costas
09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Jersey is on eBay if anyone is interested.

you would think after this thread he would try to word the description differently

will be interesting to see who picks this up

bubbrubb25
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
you would think after this thread he would try to word the description differently

will be interesting to see who picks this up
I appreciate everyones input in this thread but just beacuse members here are saying its possible it wasnt worn by manny doesnt mean it wasnt I see what there saying but it came from esm and has mannys holo on it also on the coa it says it was worn by manny so thats what im listing it as, and unless someone comes to me with manny or esm making these jerseys dirty and then manny signing them I would be dumb to list it as anything but game used because I was sold it as game used it has good coa's and I believe it is.