PDA

View Full Version : Cc No Hitter????

jetersbatboy
08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't know if anyone seen the play, but it sure looked like a era to me! I didn't get to see the whole game just some highlights and that was not a routine play in my eyes.

33bird
08-31-2008, 05:05 PM
It was a joke. It was definately an error. I think MLB will overrule it though, and he'll get his no-no.
Greg

SkubeBats
08-31-2008, 07:59 PM
I was watching the game and I think C.C. was robbed of a no-hitter. I think MLB will do the right thing and give him his no-hitter. Maybe this is why we should have instant replay in baseball.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Fraudfinder!!
08-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately the only person that can overrule the call is the official scorer from the game, not MLB.

jetersbatboy
08-31-2008, 09:00 PM
I think the score keeper was a Pirates HOMER!!!!

allstarsplus
09-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Hopefully you all saw Ned Yost's interview after the Brewers game when he made his personal appeal to the media for the official scorer to change the hit to an error. Yost was fired up and so supportive of CC in this interview that you can expect him to be the same when he talks about CC being the "lock" for NL Cy Young!

"He accomplished a no-hitter and wasn't given what he deserved," Brewers manager Ned Yost said.

"I saw it, called it immediately [and] believed it was a hit," the game's official scorer, Bob Webb, said. "I think that's a hit in every circumstance. It was a difficult play. Even if he comes up with the ball cleanly, in my estimation, he's got more than ordinary difficulty in getting the runner at first base."

Under MLB rules, the official scorer is the only person that may change a judgment call within 24 hours of a game's conclusion. The league, after considering the evidence submitted by the Brewers, may request that the official scorer change a judgment call, but cannot force the scorer to change his ruling.

Only if the call is deemed "erroneous" may the league order a change in a judgment call.

allstarsplus
09-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Hopefully you all saw Ned Yost's interview after the Brewers game when he made his personal appeal to the media for the official scorer to change the hit to an error. Yost was fired up and so supportive of CC in this interview that you can expect him to be the same when he talks about CC being the "lock" for NL Cy Young!

Here is a transcript of the full Ned Yost interview:

"He accomplished a no-hitter and wasn't given what he deserved. That should have been a no-hitter. That's a stinking no-hitter we all got cheated from. I feel horrible for CC."

"That's a joke. That wasn't even close. Whoever the scorekeeper was absolutely denied major league baseball a nice no-hitter right there. They threw hit up on the board even before LaRoche hit the bag. That's a play CC makes easily, throws him out by 10 feet -- to me it's a no-brainer.

"That's sad. It really is sad."

skyking26
09-01-2008, 07:59 AM
CC is the success story of the year. Brewers did well to get him. If somebody got a hit in the 9th the scorer would not have to be under scrutiny. CC fumbled the ball, my mind should have been an error. One of those things where it could have went either way. Who is to say that he'd have made the play. Too bad the no-no came down to a focus on this one play. Bad break for a phoenominal athlete. If I were MLB, I'd find it hard to reverse this call. A call is a call. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it!

RK

trsent
09-02-2008, 12:30 AM
CC is the success story of the year. Brewers did well to get him. If somebody got a hit in the 9th the scorer would not have to be under scrutiny. CC fumbled the ball, my mind should have been an error. One of those things where it could have went either way. Who is to say that he'd have made the play. Too bad the no-no came down to a focus on this one play. Bad break for a phoenominal athlete. If I were MLB, I'd find it hard to reverse this call. A call is a call. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it!

RK

Even if CC picked up the ball cleanly, he may not have beat the runner to the bag with the odd angle throw, so the hit stood.

Ned Yost is a joke, I cannot believe Milwaukee keeps him on as manager. This team is 4-5 game a year better than they are every year his is in as their manager. Just look at Sunday's box score and explain to me why Eric Gagne is still pitching for them as the set up man?

4-5 games? That is a first place tie right now!

harpt
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Ned Yost is a joke, I cannot believe Milwaukee keeps him on as manager.

I hear this a lot...and there must be something to it since so many people say it...but I don't get it personally.

Maybe it's because I am a Brewers fan and know that my team has been sub 500 the majority of my life (other than the last three years under Ned) and are now on the doorstep of the post season for the first time since 1982 (1982 Man...I don't know whether to laugh or cry).

Ned has taken a group of kids in their early 20's and barely out of the minors and has them competing with teams like the Cubs who sign guys like Derrick Lee and Alfonso Soriano when they're free agents (yes, I know we have Sabathia now, and that is great...but the exception rather than the rule for the Brewers). This is the 3rd year in a row that we've been playing meaningful games in September. There are teams out there with MUCH bigger payroles and high priced managers who can't say that.

It's not just about competing though...we have the talent to compete no matter who our manager is...but so do a lot of teams. It's more than that. The Brewers are loose, passionate, and confident. They really seem to enjoy being teammates (Prince Fielder/Manny Parra dugout fight notwithstanding). That type of clubhouse is usually a reflection of the manager. Even though he makes a decision here and there that has fans scratching their heads during games (I bet this is true for fans of most teams), I think when it's all said and done, Ned will go down as the best manger the Brewers have ever had. Then again, maybe I'm just a homer.

Sorry for the rant...I just have to stand up for the crew. It's kind of fun to even be in the conversation this time of year...and yes, I know how sad that sounds :(

skyking26
09-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I hear this a lot...and there must be something to it since so many people say it...but I don't get it personally.

Maybe it's because I am a Brewers fan and know that my team has been sub 500 the majority of my life (other than the last three years under Ned) and are now on the doorstep of the post season for the first time since 1982 (1982 Man...I don't know whether to laugh or cry).

Ned has taken a group of kids in their early 20's and barely out of the minors and has them competing with teams like the Cubs who sign guys like Derrick Lee and Alfonso Soriano when they're free agents (yes, I know we have Sabathia now, and that is great...but the exception rather than the rule for the Brewers). This is the 3rd year in a row that we've been playing meaningful games in September. There are teams out there with MUCH bigger payroles and high priced managers who can't say that.

It's not just about competing though...we have the talent to compete no matter who our manager is...but so do a lot of teams. It's more than that. The Brewers are loose, passionate, and confident. They really seem to enjoy being teammates (Prince Fielder/Manny Parra dugout fight notwithstanding). That type of clubhouse is usually a reflection of the manager. Even though he makes a decision here and there that has fans scratching their heads during games (I bet this is true for fans of most teams), I think when it's all said and done, Ned will go down as the best manger the Brewers have ever had. Then again, maybe I'm just a homer.

Sorry for the rant...I just have to stand up for the crew. It's kind of fun to even be in the conversation this time of year...and yes, I know how sad that sounds :(
With a team like yours, you have alot to be proud of. The Tigers have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball and SUCK. I mean really, they are a disaster unfolding before your eyes each game. It hurts to watch. I would love to attend a game over in Milwaukee as well. They look to have a beautiful park and I think we should have had a retractible dome like they did. Detroit basically copied alot from the Orioles.

RK

harpt
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
With a team like yours, you have alot to be proud of. The Tigers have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball and SUCK. I mean really, they are a disaster unfolding before your eyes each game. It hurts to watch. I would love to attend a game over in Milwaukee as well. They look to have a beautiful park and I think we should have had a retractible dome like they did. Detroit basically copied alot from the Orioles.

RK

Well, if you're going to copy somebody's park, Baltimore is a great place to start. I do like the retractable roof though. Nice to know your game won't be getting rained out once you've planned your day around it.

skyking26
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Where I am located, I am 3 hours from Toronto (dome), 1 hour from Detroit (not entertaining), 5 1/2 hrs from Chicago (a stretch), 3 1/2 hrs from Cleveland. I agree 100 %, you can buy tix any time of year WELL in advance to attend a game in Toronto or Milwaukee. How coll would it be to know you'll be comfortable and see a good game. By all accounts these are not options in Detroit.

trsent
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM

I have a buddy who is a die hard Brewers fan, who drags me to Miller Park a few times a year and all he does in whine about Ned Yost.

I did read a great article on Yahoo! Sports yesterday that said Ned Yost should worry about winning games and not worry about an official scorers judgment call.

SkubeBats
09-03-2008, 09:11 AM
HELLO,
I'M ONE OF THE BIGGEST BREWERS FANS AROUND AND I THINK YOST HAS TO GO NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THIS YEAR. HE MAKES TO MANY MISTAKES WITH HIS PITCHERS AND HE SCREWS AROUND WITH THE BATTING ORDER WAY TO MUCH. THIS PLAYS TO MUCH WITH THE HITTERS HEADS AND IT'S SCREWING THEM UP. ONE DAY YOU BAT SECOND THE NEXT YOUR BATTING SEVENTH HOW CAN THIS HELP YOU AS A HITTER. EVEN IF THE BREWERS MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS AND W.S. I STILL THINK YOST AND MOST OF THE COACHES SHOULD BE LET GO AND FIND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEIR DOING. NED YOST NO MATTER WHAT WILL NEVER BE HARVEY KEUNN. NED HAS LOST WAY TO MANY GAMES THIS YEAR AND PAST YEARS BY THE MISTAKES HE MAKES THERE NOT LITTLE ONES BUT BIG ONES. THIS IS JUST MY TWO CENTS. GO BREWERS!!
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR BREWERS GAME USED BATS...

harpt
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
NED YOST NO MATTER WHAT WILL NEVER BE HARVEY KEUNN.

We romanticize Harvey Kuenn because he was the manager of the team we loved as kids. The truth is he managed part of the 1982 season and all of 1983 (when the extremely talented brew crew DID NOT make the playoffs)...that's his entire mangerial record. While he was certainly successful (for a partial season) with the team he inherited in '82, I think a guy should have to manage more than approximately 200 games in his entire career before he's considered the standard by which to be measured.

If the Brewers ever win the pennant under Yost, 30 years from now kids will look back at him the same way you look back at Harvey Kuenn now...and noone will care that he batted J.J. Hardy 2nd one day and 7th another.

SkubeBats
09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Scott,
I guess your right and I do agree thats why we like Keunn so much. Maybe some day down the road I will fell the same about Yost. I just hope the Brewers can do it this year and I will have different feelings about everything. GO BREWERS!!
Jamie

tknorm
09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I actually went to this game, and funny thing is that I got my fingertips on a foul ball that was just out of reach and lnaded two rows in front of me. In the end, I almost got a foul ball in a game that was almost a no-hitter.:)

BULBUS
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Yost is GONE!

allstarsplus
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Ned Yost is a joke, I cannot believe Milwaukee keeps him on as manager.

Well, I guess upper management agreed with you!!!

The Brewers fired manager Ned Yost on Monday after his team was swept in a four-game series with the Phillies.

ironmanfan
09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Well, I guess upper management agreed with you!!!

The Brewers fired manager Ned Yost on Monday after his team was swept in a four-game series with the Phillies.

Wow...can you say "panic?"

SkubeBats
09-15-2008, 07:49 PM
It's about time the Brewers do the right thing and fire Ned Yost to bad it came to late. I think they should of done this around All Star Game break. Maybe this is what the players need to get them back on track.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com