PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers jerseys

larry bourget
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Why is it that collectors have littleto no interest in Texas jerseys from 1998-2008.

i have seen commons available for as little as $75.., i even have some great looking 1998-2003 jerseys i can't even give away for $100-$150.

The Team even has some on MLB.COM starting at $75. with no bids.

Does no one collect just for a yr./style of jersey sequence anymore, ....i originally bought mine because they were down right mind boggling affordable cheap from MeiGray.

Is everyone these days in that bad of shape regarding the Economy that a $100. jersey is out of their reach., or is it that there is just not much interest in the Hobby period.

I don't get it.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

BergerKing22784
08-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Well there are a lot of things that probably play a part in this.

One the Rangers are not very good. They have really talented players (Hamilton, Kinsler, Young) but overall as a team they pretty much suck.

I am not sure how much of a fan base they have either outside of Arlington.

markize
08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
there was a 2005 soriano jersey that sold on mlb.com tonight for $900. mark

BergerKing22784
08-31-2008, 08:16 PM
I just purchased the Jackie Robinson Kevin Millwood jersey on ebay also.

ironmanfan
08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
I think another factor may be that the Rangers have always been good to the hobby in that their GU uniforms have been readily available to collectors for well over 20 years and a good portion of collectors already have pieces.

worldchamps
08-31-2008, 10:18 PM
So the Soriano ended for $900....did anyone catch what the Sosa ended for?

Fnazxc0114
08-31-2008, 10:59 PM
for me i dont really care about the sequence of jerseys. i dont really care about having a g/u jersey of a guy that i never heard of as well. about the only rangers jersey i have are all current players. i have a jersey w/the oates memorial patch and i would eventually like toe get one with the hec memorial patch as well. to me these jerseys actually mean something

wrestlecon
09-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Meigray and know the Rangers game used store are a two edged sword. As for me, a big collector of Rangers jerseys, it has been great. I have been able to get exactly what I wanted the past 8 years or so. But on the other hand, almost every game used or game issued jersey has been trust into the market. Therefore, there are more than needed in the collector market. The store also seems all over the place with there pricing...ie Adam Eaton for 500.

As for the JR day jerseys, there were at least two sets of every player this season. One sold through the store and one through the Rangers Foundation.

larry bourget
09-02-2008, 06:47 AM
So the Soriano ended for $900....did anyone catch what the Sosa ended for?

it sold for a bit less than Soriano

LB