PDA

View Full Version : When ALL Else Fails........ASK!

B1SON
08-31-2008, 06:42 PM
I have been looking for jerseys of two former Bison players who both played in the NFL for over a decade each and for the same team their whole careers. I have searched EVERYWHERE looking for a jersey of theirs and have found NOTHING. I finally decided to email both of them and let them know that if they ever came across an extra jersey from someone and were willing to live without it, to please pass the contact on to me. The BOTH took one look at my website and A. said that there are no jerseys of theirs out on the market because in the 80's and early 90's they didn't have multiple jerseys and at the end of the year they would ask to keep their jersey and were granted their request oh and B. they said send me your address and I will send you one! WOW! These two pieces will put me OVER THE TOP as far as not only being the only person with a collection like this, but the collection will almost be complete, which is amazing. My boy below on a side note, was the 2nd leading tackler in the WHOLE NFL in the preseason and made the Eagles final roster. Joe Mays......remember him! Thanks for listening to me brag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

harpt
08-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Awesome!! That is so cool.

DrJ
08-31-2008, 08:29 PM
That's awesome - congratulations!!! It's nice that the players looked at your website and appreciated what you were doing.

Dewey2007
08-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Bison, that's a cool story with a happy ending. I've tried to contact current and former players regarding my Alameda Sports Project and wish I had gotten the response you did. Who knows maybe some of them are just slow to respond but I thought I'd get a couple of interested guys. It's my theory that most players could care less about their careers once their over and the current guys are skeptical of folks they don't know asking for jerseys and stuff. I guess that's to be expected though.

Oh well, still happy to hear that your guys came through for you!

B1SON
09-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys! I'll post pics when the jerseys arrive.

dave8270
09-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Bison

I am guessing that 1 of the guys is Phil Hansen. We grew up in the same town. He has been very generous with me over the years. I have been helping him get together all of the football cards he appeared on. I have 2 game used jersey's 1 home and 1 away, as well as a practice jersey. I had him sign them for me a couple of years ago and he told me they were definately his. He asked me where I got them, because he tried to keep most of his stuff especially later in his career.

A couple of years ago he gave me his Superbowl 27 game used cleats as well as some other cool stuff like his baggage tags from the Superbowl's he played in. Phil is a great guy, so it doesn't suprise me at all that he would give you one of his jersey's.

Dave

PS- I like your Bison room. I would love to have some of those jersey's you have.

B1SON
09-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Dave,

Thanks. You are correct, Phil is one. So you are from Oaks. Very cool! Is that why you decided to be a Bills fan? Because of Phil? I will see him at tailgating before the game on Saturday, I'll tell him I met you on here. Thanks for the props on my Bison room, I have worked very hard on it and am very proud of it! Take care, Joe