PDA

View Full Version : Not a CA Angels Flannel, but labeled as one

topekabob
03-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Check out this item on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8778455030&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I do not believe this to be a California Angels flannel but actually a Salt Lake City Angels flannel from the early 1970's. About 20 years ago I bought it from a jersey dealer named Jerry Stone (along with a beautiful 1971 Phoenix Giants flannel) who had a lot of PCL stuff, cheap. I always wanted it to be a CA Angels flannel "hand-me down," and but there isn't any patch outline nor evidence of major league "tagging" on the front, so I really do think it's what was originally sold to me: A great SLC Angels flannel. I eventually was able to photo-match in style to some SLC Angel baseball cards I have from the early 1970's.
I emailed the seller this information but he hasn't responded to me nor has he changed his listing. I will email him again after posting this to you all.

All this being said, it's a fabulous jersey and I sold it, if I recall, as a SLC Angels jersey for $250 several years ago, so right now it's at a good price. But it would be a shame for buyer to buy it thinking he has a MLB jersey rather than what it likely is.

topekabob
03-15-2006, 09:56 PM
While not changing his title, the seller as added my emails regarding that it's likely a Salt Lake City Angels flannel. Looks like the bidders have retracted their bids after they did that, so now it's only at $49 with no bidders. I highly recommend this jersey as a great early 1970's PCL flannel.