Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Holy Grail's

This may have been done before. Have not seen it if it has. Most of us on here have been collecting for many years. In my case, coming up around 30. Anyway, I have a large collection - but my question is...if you had to pare it down to just one...what would it be?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • BoneRubbedBat
    • Jul 2005

Re: Holy Grail's

A Houston Buffs game used flannel jersey.
    sigpic

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Comment

• costas
      • Aug 2008

Knicks 1995-1996 alternate game worn jersey

(now their current design)

Comment

• Moustache Gang
        • Mar 2007

1972 Reggie Jackson Oakland A's jersey in any color, green, gold or white. I have been collecting for 18 years and have never seen one come to market/auction. I have seen flannels from '68 to '71 and knits from '73 to '75, but no 1972s.

Mark

Comment

• godwulf
          • Aug 2007

The game-used and signed Randy Johnson fielder's glove.
          Jeff
          godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

It would be hard to pare it down to one thing. Favorites include my Kingman 75-76 OF glove photomatched, 73 Giants home, 72 Giants Road flannel, 82 Mets home or my Giants helmet. If you put a gun to my head and said I could only keep "1" thing, I'd go with the 73 Giants home I guess...

RK
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Mr.3000

Any Pete Rose game used jersey showing good use.

Comment

• costas
                • Aug 2008

just to clarify do you mean something we already own or something we're currently wanting?

Comment

• joelsabi
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by costas
                  just to clarify do you mean something we already own or something we're currently wanting?
                  that is a good question. i know its a matter of semantics but we all seem to have our own definition of what a holy grail is. is it the best item you own? is it the top item you are searching for? is it the item that once you find it you have completed your collection? is it the mystical item that you have heard stories about but dont know exactly what it looks like?
                  Regards,
                  Joel S.
                  joelsabi @ gmail.com
                  Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• BoneRubbedBat
                    • Jul 2005

I think your Holy Grail is something you are seaching for. After you find it it becomes your "centerpiece."
                    sigpic

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Comment

• cjmedina1
                      • Oct 2005

Bob

This is a great topic. There is 1 bat I've been looking for.I know its out there cause I had a chance to buy it but passed on it to purchase my 2000 MAC bat aproxx 3/4 years ago.I think the seller wanted 8k for it.That was way out of my league. The bat I'm talking about is a 1987 Signed game used MAC bat and was gifted to Jose Canseco...Here is the cert number is c86361
                      psa/dna. If you want to see a pitcher and a small write up feel free to type in the cert number to see it...

Carlie Medina III
                      carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• harpt
                        • May 2007

I'd really like to find a Gorman Thomas Bi-Centennial bat. I don't know that it's my ultimate Holy Grail per se, but it certainly always comes to mind when I think of things I would love to own.
                        Scott Harpt
                        scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
                        Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                          • Nov 2005

Holy Grails

Any Kenny Reeves Bulls jersey...

Comment

• BIGSTIG
                            • Apr 2008

I feel some are confused as I was with the topic.

The heading HOLY GRAIL = an object or goal that is sought after for its great significance (something you REALLY REALLY WANT!!)

But when skyking26 wrote "I have a large collection - but my question is...if you had to pare it down to just one...what would it be?"

By using the word pare in this sentence I believe he meant trim your collection down to one piece. I was confused as well.

Anyway, if we are talking about a HOLY GRAIL for me it changes weekly. But today I would say a 1972 Cubs road jersey of Ron Santo, Fergie Jenkins or Billy Williams. (now being able to afford one.....that's a different story)

If we are talking about only keeping 1 item from our collection, that would be my Andre Dawson glove, with the Gold Glove label on it.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                              • Sep 2007

In my Collection -

Walt Jocketty Signed 2006 WS Baseball. Stupid, right? I was finishing my masters degree at the time of the series, and I was a big fan of Jocketty's leadership style. Anyway, one of my instructors at Webster U. was former Governor Bob Holden (D) MO. Holden knew of my interest in Walt, and had a meeting with Walt regarding the downtown development situation the following weekend. Feeling stupid, I gave Holden the ball and asked him if he wouldn't mind asking Walt to sign it for me....it came back signed the next class. That experience changed my mind about the term "public servant". Holden was a great instructor, and a killer autograph hound.

If I ever came across a set of cleats from Vince Coleman circa 1986-89, I'd certainly consider that a grail. Maybe something from Ray Lankford's single AS appearance, but I'd have to call DonTheLegend first...
                              Dave
                              Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                              River City Redbird Authentics
                              http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

Working...