PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox 1975 Jerseys (Mass. Bicentennial Patch)

cohibasmoker
03-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey Red Sox fans, a Month or so ago, there was a discussion on whether or not the Red Sox wore the Massachusetts Bicentennial patch on their jerseys during the 1975 season. I’ll try and shed some light through the murky waters of the St. Charles River. That answer may be as simply as: “Who’s on First”. Here’s why. In looking over one of my Red Sox program’s from last year, I saw that the Red Sox did a piece on the 1975 Red Sox. The program was Red Sox Magazine, Third Edition. Carlton Fisk was on the cover. On page 25, there are four (4) photographs of Red Sox players, all in their white home uniforms. I would assume all photographs are from the 1975 season. In one picture, the bicentennial patch is on the right sleeve. Another picture has the bicentennial patch on the left sleeve. When I first looked at the photographs, I thought that perhaps one of the photographs might have been reserved. They were not. So, some jerseys had the bicentennial patch on the right sleeve, some on the left sleeve. However, in third photograph, none of the four players shown had a bicentennial patch on any sleeve. Who’s on First!!!

trsent
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM
What?

ironmanfan
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Joel, Whats on second...

nate
03-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Did you mean reversed? Not reserved?

Nate

trsent
03-15-2006, 08:38 PM