PDA

View Full Version : 1987 White Sox Jerseys

moswalt
09-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Does anyone know how the 1987 Chicago White Sox jerseys were tagged?

BIGSTIG
09-04-2008, 01:12 AM
moswalt - If you look at Rob Steinmetz website www.authenticgamers.com (http://www.authenticgamers.com) he has a 1987 Ozzie Guillen on it showing pics of everything including the tags -

http://www.authenticgamers.com/guillen.85.hj.html

Hope that helps....even though your a SOX fan :) jk!!

trsent
09-04-2008, 02:19 AM

Dave Miedema knows White Sox tagging better than anyone I know so I will ask him tonight since I lost the email he sent me with White Sox tagging history a few years ago.

karamaxjoe
09-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Check out the 1987 Baines jersey on my website.

http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

trsent
09-04-2008, 12:25 PM

...and the promised reply:

General answer;

In 1987, MOST (not all) White Sox gamers had a strip tag with the player's name any year (maybe set #, as well) and a flag tag with year and set numbers. A few exist with one OR the other instead of both. 1987 was the only year of that style where strip tags were used at all.

Dave Miedema

He is the best!

ChrisCavalier
09-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

I deleted a number of posts on this thread that were taking things to a personal level. This seems to be a good thread with useful information. Let's please abstain from making anything personal as per the following rule:

It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.

In addition, Joel thanks for checking with Dave Miedema and please thank him for the useful information he has shared.

trsent
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

I deleted a number of posts on this thread that were taking things to a personal level. This seems to be a good thread with useful information. Let's please abstain from making anything personal as per the following rule:

It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.

In addition, Joel thanks for checking with Dave Miedema and please thank him for the useful information he has shared.

Thanks, Chris, I am sure Dave will read this thread and smile. :)

I bought a large collection of game used White Sox jerseys about two years ago, and Dave emailed me tagging history for Chicago White Sox jerseys. It was amazing to think, that from memory, Dave knew every year what manufacture jersey The White Sox wore.

It was funny to read, because The White Sox have no loyalty to any clothing manufacture. As they charged every few years, with many seasons wearing more than one companies jerseys.

steevyniu
10-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi! - Great info!

Can anyone provide any tagging info for 1996 white sox jerseys?

Thank you,

Steve

karamaxjoe
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi! - Great info!

Can anyone provide any tagging info for 1996 white sox jerseys?

Thank you,

Steve

The Sox used predominately Russell jerseys in 1996, but some used Wilson. Here's examples of both tags which were located on the front at the bottom of the jerseys.

steevyniu
10-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the help. I just purchased an '96 Baines jersey (my favorite player as a kid) and wanted to do a little follow-up research. I recently found this site and everyone here seems extremely knowledgable, so I thought I would ask.

Steve