PDA

View Full Version : boggs bat

momen55
09-05-2008, 02:24 PM
the seller offered me this bat prior to listing it on ebay. i told him i wasn't interested in it due to the lack of tar and the #12 looking odd. this model was ordered for promos. he concludes that since it came from lelands it is legit. you be the judge and beware. here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wade-Boggs-Game-Used-Autod-Bat-Yankees_W0QQitemZ160279345059QQihZ006QQcategoryZ60 596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FastLane80
09-05-2008, 07:20 PM
For what it's worth, it seems to be the bat that was sold at Lelands. Here's the link to the original lot: http://lelands.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=1809

I'd hope Leland's has some sort of good reputation :confused:

camarokids
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
look at the sanding marks on the knob end.....

this is how the 12 should look...

BULBUS
09-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Here is a Tino Martinez B349 bat. Looks like Boggs needed a bat, blacked out Tinos 24 (a small 24 remains on the cupped end) and wrote his number 12. Pine tar application matches Boggs as well.

camarokids
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
look at the sanding marks on the knob end.....

I meant to say , see the sanding marks on the knob end in the Lelands Pictures, I wonder what was sanded???

jfivefox
09-08-2008, 06:44 PM
momen55-

I am taking the issue up with Lelands. As I stated to you in my email - I am not interested in ripping anyone off, making a quick buck or mis-representing anything in my collection. I praised Game Used Universe for it's expertise and tried to offer some of my better stuff to GUU members before letting those "quick buck makers" get their hands on my stuff.

That all being said, what is your obsession with this Boggs bat? If you don't like it, don't buy it. It is you who asked for photos - I shared and you said you didn't like the bat. End of story. Hopefully Lelands will do the right thing and refund my money.

jfivefox
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Conclusion on Boggs Bat - I sent some research done about the status of the Boggs bat to Angela at Lelands. Lelands took a day, or so and offered to reimburse me for my expenses associated with the purchase. I was very pleased with their approach to this process and will continue bidding and potentially consigning with them. jfivefox

b.heagy
09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
kudos to momen55, if not for your post this bat may have made it's way into a collector that had no clue what they were purchasing.

jfivefox, glad you were able to get a refund on this piece. one piece to look out for in the future.

chalk another one up to the members of this forum.