PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn GU Fielder's Glove

skyking26
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Of interest is a GU Adam Dunn Fielder's glove on ebay. Seller gave this COA upon request for info about the glove's background: "Got glove from a guy in Houston 5 years ago..." Now there is one helluva COA....

Thoughts? RK

FastLane80
09-05-2008, 07:36 PM
What's with the presumed word "USED" being marked out on the letter of authenticity? Maybe contact www.100percentauthentic.com and see if they still have that letter on file. I checked the web site and it's not listed.

skyking26
09-05-2008, 08:35 PM
You have a good point. I'll email the seller again.

skyking26
09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Of interest is a GU Adam Dunn Fielder's glove on ebay. Seller gave this COA upon request for info about the glove's background: "Got glove from a guy in Houston 5 years ago..." Now there is one helluva COA....

Thoughts? RK
As an important side note on this glove - I received an email this morning from the folks who signed the COA on this glove. The blacked-out "game-used" was done that way because it was in fact deemed NOT game used. It is being sold on ebay as a gamer and should not be. Don't be misled by this...

RK

skyking26
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
glove was removed from ebay Saturday afternoon...

cincy13
09-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I was the one who had this glove for sale. I bought this from a guy in Houston, Tx who had this as a game used Adam Dunn glove, back in 2004. The COA that I received has it that it does have game use. I talked to Denny, the authenticator, who is an authority on the glove. At first they thought it was a game used glove, then they found out it was issued, but the certificate still has that it has some game use to it. When I had Adam sign it, he even said, "How did you get my glove?". I took the glove off Ebay because Denny researched the item and Dunn used a Louisville Slugger glove during the 2003 season. When I sell a game used item and if infact the item comes back as something other than what I sold it as , I give refunds. Denny even said it was Adam's glove, but that he probably gave it to someone. I was harassed by Skyking and the thing is, if he had checked my feedback, I would have given him his money back. I could have very well have trashed the COA and sold it, but I didn't. I've been collecting and selling for 30 years, I stand by what I do. Some of the guys here start forums and trash people for no good reason.

3arod13
09-17-2008, 03:57 AM
I've been collecting and selling for 30 years, I stand by what I do. Some of the guys here start forums and trash people for no good reason.

Understand your frustration. I like to believe that everyones intensions are good. However, I will say that some are just more aggressive than others.

The one thing I thing people should think about when questioning someone about their item is, not to be so aggressive and accusatory that the person is intentionally selling bad game used memorabilia. Not everyone is as knowledgable as others.

I think this would eliminate alot of the trashing of others.

Just my thoughs.

skyking26
09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I was the one who had this glove for sale. I bought this from a guy in Houston, Tx who had this as a game used Adam Dunn glove, back in 2004. The COA that I received has it that it does have game use. I talked to Denny, the authenticator, who is an authority on the glove. At first they thought it was a game used glove, then they found out it was issued, but the certificate still has that it has some game use to it. When I had Adam sign it, he even said, "How did you get my glove?". I took the glove off Ebay because Denny researched the item and Dunn used a Louisville Slugger glove during the 2003 season. When I sell a game used item and if infact the item comes back as something other than what I sold it as , I give refunds. Denny even said it was Adam's glove, but that he probably gave it to someone. I was harassed by Skyking and the thing is, if he had checked my feedback, I would have given him his money back. I could have very well have trashed the COA and sold it, but I didn't. I've been collecting and selling for 30 years, I stand by what I do. Some of the guys here start forums and trash people for no good reason.
Good morning. I reread all the posts. I apologize if the earlier remarks came across as accusatory or "trashing" you. Looking back I truely believe you thought you had a true Dunn gamer, and after we examined everything you pulled the glove from auction. I was out of line to "jump the gun."

I have the emails saved if anyone needs to see them - I just did not want somebody aggressively bidding on something that was known to not be a gamer. My intentions were good, the route talken not. Perfection isn't in my vocabulary...