PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying New York Mets Photograph

trsent
09-07-2008, 04:53 AM
I guess the autograph forum is slow compared to this forum so I'll post my photo here. I have prepared about 50 photos to list on eBay Sunday, and for some reason, I cannot identify this New York Mets player - Please email or post here who this is. I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

metsbats
09-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Joel,
That's Lee Mazzilli.

-David

trsent
09-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Joel,
That's Lee Mazzilli.

-David

Hi David, I looked at him when searching different methods, and I thought the jersey number didn't match. Did he wear #3 and #16 for The Mets?

(Pause)

Ok, I did my homework on Baseball Almanac, and I see Lee wore #12 and switched to #16 during his first term with The Mets. When he returned in 1986, he switched to #13 - Which is what confused me as in the picture I have the #1 of the #13 must be folded over so it is not visible and confused me even more.

I appreciate your help!

Vintagedeputy
09-07-2008, 09:45 AM
oh yeah thats Maz for sure...

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/lee_mazzilli_autograph.jpg

metsbats
09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi David, I looked at him when searching different methods, and I thought the jersey number didn't match. Did he wear #3 and #16 for The Mets?

(Pause)

Ok, I did my homework on Baseball Almanac, and I see Lee wore #12 and switched to #16 during his first term with The Mets. When he returned in 1986, he switched to #13 - Which is what confused me as in the picture I have the #1 of the #13 must be folded over so it is not visible and confused me even more.

I appreciate your help!

Joel,

The jersey he's wearing is a Rawlings so the photo is from either the 87 or 88 season. I did a second take when I didn't see the "1" of the "13" on the front and you are probably right it's folded from view in the photo.

Regards
David