X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Help Identifying New York Mets Photograph

I guess the autograph forum is slow compared to this forum so I'll post my photo here. I have prepared about 50 photos to list on eBay Sunday, and for some reason, I cannot identify this New York Mets player - Please email or post here who this is. I appreciate any help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	719918

Thanks!
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Help Identifying New York Mets Photograph

Joel,
    That's Lee Mazzilli.

-David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• trsent
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
      Joel,
      That's Lee Mazzilli.

-David
      Hi David, I looked at him when searching different methods, and I thought the jersey number didn't match. Did he wear #3 and #16 for The Mets?

(Pause)

Ok, I did my homework on Baseball Almanac, and I see Lee wore #12 and switched to #16 during his first term with The Mets. When he returned in 1986, he switched to #13 - Which is what confused me as in the picture I have the #1 of the #13 must be folded over so it is not visible and confused me even more.

I appreciate your help!

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
        • Oct 2005

oh yeah thats Maz for sure...

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
          Hi David, I looked at him when searching different methods, and I thought the jersey number didn't match. Did he wear #3 and #16 for The Mets?

(Pause)

Ok, I did my homework on Baseball Almanac, and I see Lee wore #12 and switched to #16 during his first term with The Mets. When he returned in 1986, he switched to #13 - Which is what confused me as in the picture I have the #1 of the #13 must be folded over so it is not visible and confused me even more.

I appreciate your help!
          Joel,

The jersey he's wearing is a Rawlings so the photo is from either the 87 or 88 season. I did a second take when I didn't see the "1" of the "13" on the front and you are probably right it's folded from view in the photo.

Regards
          David
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...