PDA

View Full Version : Question about Classified Section

bigtruck260
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I know that this should probably go into the Classified section - but I was pretty sure that it would get an answer quicker and be more visible to everyone in this area of the forum.

I would like some clarification on this particular rule:

User Agreement to GUU Collector To Collector Classifieds Forum:

Please note that this forum is not for posting items that are currently for sale on eBay or any other venue.

I was under the impression that this meant we were not supposed to advertise our items that we have listed on eBay. Does it also mean that we can't list an item here that is running on eBay if we don't make a mention of it being there?

In the past, I have listed items on eBay and them listed it here at a slightly lower price - never mentioning that I had the item listed there. If I got the offer from GUU that I was looking for, I would end the auction.

I guess I am asking if the moderators are going to perform a search on eBay for the items we list in the classified section...? Is it OK as long as we are not advertising (or placing a link) to our eBay auction?

Thanks.

Vintagedeputy
09-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I read it as you cant advertise it for sale here if its listed for sale on ebay.

Its either advertised here, or there, not both.

BergerKing22784
09-07-2008, 05:15 PM
While I am not one to actually try to get away with anything I am one to try and find ways to get away with them and say "Ah that would be a good idea" My friend always told me he would hate to coach against me in any sporting event because I would find some crazy play or something weird to come up with.

To answer your question just be low profile with it and i hardly doubt they will go look up your items as they have better things to do. There is a lot of things some of you guys who do not agree with the rules could do to get away with things if you just opened your eyes a little bit. hahaha.

thomecollector
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I can assume the coversation may ,or may not be about my post for the Phillies signed bat rack. I apologize as I did not read the policy before I posted it. If the powers that be feel the need to remove it. Please do. Once again, I apologize. :(

bigtruck260
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I can assume the coversation may ,or may not be about my post for the Phillies signed bat rack. I apologize as I did not read the policy before I posted it. If the powers that be feel the need to remove it. Please do. Once again, I apologize. :(

Nope - not at all. I had a bat listed here, and one of the members were kind enough to let me know (via private email, not the open forum) that I might be in trouble. Luckily the item sold quickly - I was not trying to break rule, I just interpreted it differently.

I noticed today that there was a similar post that someone was informed about, and I just wanted to make sure that it was clarified so that there are not future problems.

I honestly thought it was safe as long as I did not post the link to the auction. After I got the email, I took the eBay auction down.

BergerKing22784
09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
No your not the only one to do it Thome. A few others did also. I personally dont have a problem with it. I would prefer to know whose names on ebay I can trust. If I know you sold stuff on ebay I would add your name to my fav sellers list and I would be sure to constantly check your ebay names to see what goodies you guys were selling.

jppopma
09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't think there should be any issue with having it available in two places. But at least have the decency on Ebay to let people know. I have been burned alot of times when I hold off on jersey A that I wanted because I like jersey B that just got listed better. Then after jersey A had sold, my bid on jersey B gets dropped when it is removed from the site.

Ebay is tricky and you never know how the auction will end based on how its doing. Most of the bidding goes on right at the end and thats when the price goes up. For seller and buyers on Ebay, there is a risk involved in the auction. If the item is in two places, maybe a buy it now auction would be better suited for it.

bigtruck260
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't think there should be any issue with having it available in two places. But at least have the decency on Ebay to let people know. I have been burned alot of times when I hold off on jersey A that I wanted because I like jersey B that just got listed better. Then after jersey A had sold, my bid on jersey B gets dropped when it is removed from the site.

Ebay is tricky and you never know how the auction will end based on how its doing. Most of the bidding goes on right at the end and thats when the price goes up. For seller and buyers on Ebay, there is a risk involved in the auction. If the item is in two places, maybe a buy it now auction would be better suited for it.

Agreed 100%. I list all of my game used stuff as a BIN or Best Offer for that exact reason. I usually offer it cheaper here because I am not dealing with the TONS of fees...so I am happy to give a member a break.

I'm not a shady person. Anyone who has bought or sold to me knows I am solid all the way around. That's why I started this thread...I am hoping that the admin. can clarify so I can put it to bed.

Thanks for the responses folks. I appreciate it.

jppopma
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Dave,

I know your a top notch guy and was not referring to you at all in those comments. It was just my thoughts on people ending auctions sooner, and how I have been burned by them.

Hopefully you will get your answer and they won't make things too difficult on here. From the other post, it seems like if they wanted to pull something they would do it really fast. Then again, maybe they do it as a result of complaints from people who never got past being a 3rd grade hall monitor.

Good luck on selling the items.

John