PDA

View Full Version : GameUsedForum Online Museum

Swoboda4
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I would like the Forum to consider possibly having an additional link to Game Used Universe that would contain photos of the best items that members have,-an "online photo museum". Either a banner under game used universe or here, I think it would be a interesting concept. Collectively we probably have more game used items than any one museum or private collector. We would submit photos of our best items and Eric and whoever else can decide to accept them or not. Submiting items(photos) would be privately done. "Wings" of the online museum could contain uniforms,bats,othersports,etc. just like any other museum. If done creatively enough you could go to the page ,enter through a door, and see your item on the "wall" of our online GameUsedForum Museum.
I believe we have enough items to make it interesting especially as time goes on.
Robert

commando
09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I like that idea a lot. It would be quite a feather in the site's cap and a pretty cool resource!

David
09-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Interesting galleries is a good way to attract and introduce outsiders to this website. With interesting pictures of interesting items, and a nice description that non-collectors can understand, and the museum would likely attract a lot of visitors and get newbies interested in the subject.

Swoboda4
09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Together, we probably have more items than anybody or thing so why not benefit from this resource. There could be team wings or galleries,world series galleries,all star galleries. Believe me we have enough stuff to have this site visited numerous times. Again not everything should be accepted but as a showcase of items at one location nothing would beat it. Even the Hall of Fame doesn't showcase all its items online,requiring you to "go there to see all" while it has current items warehoused. We could have the single biggest showcase of baseball memorabilia in the world-all done with a simple download and click.

Hyman Roth: We’re bigger than U. S. Steel

cjmedina1
09-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I think it's a great idea. The only issue I have is, there's need to have some sort of water mark on the images. This way no one can copy the image and try to sell the item to a customer. I've had this to me. Funny thing is they copied the pitchers from my web site and tried to sale the bats on my web site to me.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Sent from my iPhone

skyking26
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I think it's a great idea. The only issue I have is, there's need to have some sort of water mark on the images. This way no one can copy the image and try to sell the item to a customer. I've had this to me. Funny thing is they copied the pitchers from my web site and tried to sale the bats on my web site to me.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Sent from my iPhone
Unbelievable. Hopefully you were able to turn them in?

Sincityson
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I've thought of this concept in the past & agree with the rest, it might be a very good reference guide for the future..