PDA

View Full Version : Quick bat question for BMH

staindsox
09-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Brian,

I would really appreciate it if you could take a moment to help me out. I have a Jack Hannahan M356 black ash cupped bat, 34 inches. I have read that minor leaguers don't get the big club's name stamped on their bats. Is that true? "Detroit Tigers" appears beneath his name on my bat, but he actually was only on the Tigers roster for 10 days (May 2006). I was wondering if you know how many of these were shipped to him and when. I don't know if everyone says it enough, but you sure are appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

AstrosCollector
09-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Minor Leaguers can have team names on their bats if they are from Louisville Slugger. Other bat companies can not put team names on their bats any longer because of liscensing issues.

staindsox
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I know LS is the only bat company that is licensed to put team names on bats, but I am wondering about minor league vs. major league bats. Most of the minor league game used LS bats I have seen have "Louisville Slugger" under the player's name, not the parent club's name.

Another thread touched on this too. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18286&page=2&highlight=minor+league+team

Thanks for the help.

Chris

AstrosCollector
09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Minor League players can order their bats directly from SluggerPro.com

When you log in with your Player ID, it automatically pops up with your information, and puts the parent organization to be engraved. You can change it to "Louisville Slugger" if you choose, but it is the team name by default.

Most of the older Minor League LS bats only have Louisville Slugger on them but now a days, most of them come with the team name.