PDA

View Full Version : MeiGray And Shea Stadium Memorabilia

ChrisCavalier
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am posting this here to let everyone, especially Met memorabilia collectors, know about the following time sensitive opportunity. I hope this is helpful to collectors:

LIMITED PREVIEW SHEA MEMORABILIA ON SALE TODAY AT 10:00 A.M.

AT (888) 463-4472 and Shea@MeiGray.com

Additional Shea Memorabilia Goes On Sale Following the Final Regular Season Home Game at Shea

FLUSHING, N.Y., September 12, 2008 – Following significant response to the recent Shea Stadium Seat Sale, the New York Mets today announced that a limited offering of additional Shea memorabilia will go on sale today, Friday, September 12 at 10:00 a.m. at (888) 463-4472 and Shea@MeiGray.com (Shea@MeiGray.com). By signing on as a “Shea Premiere Club” member by this Tuesday, September 16 at 4:00 p.m., a select group of fans will have the unique opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Shea and purchase the most treasured pieces of history from the Mets home since 1964. Additional Shea memorabilia will go on sale following the final regular season home game at Shea.

Throughout this weekend’s homestand against the Braves, fans will be able to view select memorabilia offerings in the following locations:
Friday, September 12 in the Field Level concourse, first base side
Saturday, September 13 in the Field Level concourse, in front of the Mets Team Store
Sunday, September 14 in the Loge Level concourse, next to the Citi Field Preview Center

The Mets, in conjunction with the MeiGray Group, will offer for sale more than 2,000 unique items from Shea Stadium, including player lockers, the two foul poles, outfield wall panels, section signs and artifacts dating to the stadium’s opening in 1964. Each item will be authenticated by Major League Baseball’s Authentication Program and affixed with a tamper-proof hologram displaying a unique identification number, and shipped with a letter of authenticity from the MeiGray Group.

“There clearly is an interest among our fans and other New Yorkers to own a piece of Shea history,” said Dave Howard, Executive Vice President, Business Operations, New York Mets. “Our new partnership with MeiGray Group provides fans an easy way to get authentic Shea Stadium memorabilia, and through the support of Major League Baseball’s Authentication Program, we are able to ensure peace-of-mind for fans and maximum value for collectors by guaranteeing the authenticity of these historic items.”

“Whether it’s a turnstile from Gate B, an original brick from the old right-field wall, or one of the colorful photos or banners that have hung proudly for so many years, we have something for everyone,” said Barry Meisel, President and Chief Operating Officer, MeiGray Group. “We are proud to partner with the Mets to honor this great New York landmark.”

ABOUT THE MEIGRAY GROUP
The MeiGray Group was formed by former New York Daily News sportswriter Barry Meisel and Bob Gray, two sports memorabilia collectors from New Jersey. They began selling game-worn jerseys to the sports-collecting public in August 1997. MeiGray oversees the game-worn jersey programs for the National Basketball Association and National Hockey League. Every item they sell is registered into The MeiGrade System, the exclusive registry created to track and protect the authenticity of game-worn jerseys.

# # #

For more information contact:
Jay Horwitz Barry Meisel
Vice President, Media Relations President & CEO
New York Mets MeiGray Group
718-565-4354 908-541-0114
jhorw@nymets.com (jhorw@nymets.com)bmeisel@meigray.com (bmeisel@meigray.com)

jwasserman
09-12-2008, 09:35 AM
$8500 for Dwight Gooden's old locker and no names starting at $1000. Yipes. I did call and get on the list to receive their pricelist.

The smallest items start at $25 and they go up to $50k (don't know what that gets you)

BarryMeisel
09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi everybody,

Thank you, Chris, for posting this message. My partner, Bob Gray, does get cranky when his name is spelled wrong, but that's OK!!

Seriously, we're excited about this opportunity, and happy to offer the thousands of item available.

Our sales staff is expected to talk to hundreds of collectors today, and the phone is already ringing off the hook.

Please call us toll-free, 888-463-4472, for more information.

Regards,
Barry Meisel, MGG

TFig27
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Barry,

Would you be able to email a list or more info?

Thanks
Tom

TFig27@aol.com

Dewey2007
09-12-2008, 05:54 PM
The list of stadium items available is something else. They're even selling the foul poles if you've got an extra $25K to spare.

I thought the team would keep items like the WS & NLCS flags to take to the new stadium but I guess everything must go.

BarryMeisel
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi Tom,
If you or anybody else sends an e-mail to shea@meigray.com, we will be happy to send a complete Excel spreadsheet of the entire price list.

Regards, Barry

pietraynor
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Advice needed on opening Excel spreadsheets..haven't received the MeiGray, but in the past have had trouble opening these, can get the attachment, but words/numbers all run together, can't make them out..must be doing something wrong..any help is appreciated..thanks in advance, Jay. And to Barry and the gang, thanks for making these items available.

MRMusial
09-13-2008, 11:14 PM
“Whether it’s a turnstile from Gate B, an original brick from the old right-field wall, or one of the colorful photos or banners that have hung proudly for so many years, we have something for everyone,” said Barry Meisel, President and Chief Operating Officer, MeiGray Group.Barry ... I didn't see the bricks from the right-field wall listed. Did I just miss them or are they not available?

Thanks.