PDA

View Full Version : Who won Andruw Jones items on Ebay Recently?

BergerKing22784
09-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey everyone just wondering who was my bidding competition on all the Andruw Jones items that clubhouseequipment (http://myworld.ebay.com/clubhouseequipment)http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif had on ebay that ended tonight? Guy ended up costing himself some money by having the auctions all end within 1 minute of each other! I was bidding on some items and others I wanted ended as I was bidding on others i was just throwing random bids in jumping to next auction trying to win that. I ended up winning 7 of the auctions but it was mostly the wrist bands! Wanted the shinguard and more gloves but oh well!

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant/clubhouseequipment_W0QQQ5ftrksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em283 QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_flnZ1

There is the completed auctions.... SO anyone on here win anything?

gameused
09-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know what happened to A. Jones? I know when he was with Atlanta his numbers were down, but know they stink!!

Avg: 158
HR: 3
RBI: 14
Runs: 21

kylehess10
09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I didn't understand some of his stuff. I thought they originated from ASI but I asked and he said none did. I was mainly interested in the shin guard, advertised as being worn during the 2002-2003 seasons, but it was only signed "GAME USED 2003". So I asked how he knew it was worn during the whole 2002 season too, and his response:

"I just know".

BergerKing22784
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
He got a fat wallet and fat all together. He is so unmotivated. He has been playing in the Majors since like age 19 I think he is tired of it really. I am hoping this crappy season motivates him in off season to lose weight and work on his game. He has a chance of the Hall if he hits some more HRs, he already has enough gold gloves. I am buying low right now since he is slumping. If he bounces back so wont the prices, even though I am just collecting him.

BergerKing22784
09-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Speaking of ASI, does anyone have pictures of his Spring Training jersey or BP jerseys from 2005. Every jersey I have seen pictures of just says "Jones" on the back. My BP jersey says A. Jones on it. Shows lots of use but I have not been able to find a picture of a jersey BP that says A. Jones on the back.

Vintagedeputy
09-12-2008, 09:47 PM
AJ is probably the player with the most wasted talent in the bigs right now. He has all the tools, but no focus.

kylehess10
09-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Speaking of ASI, does anyone have pictures of his Spring Training jersey or BP jerseys from 2005. Every jersey I have seen pictures of just says "Jones" on the back. My BP jersey says A. Jones on it. Shows lots of use but I have not been able to find a picture of a jersey BP that says A. Jones on the back.

From a quick check on Getty, it appears that 2004 was Andruw's final year of wearing "A.JONES" jerseys.

ryantex
09-13-2008, 07:21 AM
The 2005 red jersey is very, very questionable, although he states there is a team letter. In 2005, the Braves players' letters were all arched. I have NEVER seen an exception. The jersey sold on ebay does not have arched letters. Plus, the letters were too small and too close together, anyway.

Whoever spent $400 on this jersey got taken.

I also question the game worn 96 World Series cap. These are impossible to authenticate, but if it was real, it would be worth a lot.

BergerKing22784
09-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Well I can rest easier knowing the BP jersey I won couple years ago from ASI is most likely authentic as Kyle is correct that 2004 is the last year they put A. Jones on the back of jerseys for him. I looked at the getty images and the BP jersey has the 21 patch on them and I just went to go double check mine as I had the sleeves pinned back in the case and my jersey also includes that patch.

The dummy signed it Andruw Jones game used 2005 though, it is from 2004.

kylehess10
09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
The 2005 red jersey is very, very questionable, although he states there is a team letter. In 2005, the Braves players' letters were all arched. I have NEVER seen an exception. The jersey sold on ebay does not have arched letters. Plus, the letters were too small and too close together, anyway.

Whoever spent $400 on this jersey got taken.

Very true. The team letter is probably from another item from the Braves, since Braves team letters from pre 2007 said only "AUTHENTIC GAME USED MERCHANDISE" I believe, and never stated anything specific; so you could easily use an old letter and use it to sell something else saying you bought it from the team. The strip tag looks authentic though, along with the size matching with AJ's, but something tells me it could've been a team-issued blank, which was customized into an Andruw Jones jersey.

BergerKing22784
09-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Well if it is fake its a pretty good one because like Kyle said the strip tag looks good to me also. Also as described in auction ""+1" SLV" flag tag, are secured in the inner side gusset." My recent MLB purchased game used AJ jersey also has that inside the jersey.

ryantex
09-13-2008, 02:58 PM
You're right, it is a good one...but it is not an Andruw Jones game used jersey. Have you EVER seen a 2005 Braves jersey without the arched lettering? The answer is 'almost never.' These are very, very rare jerseys, because the only ones with straight lettering are for players who were just traded to the Braves. The jerseys were only used until the arched lettering jerseys could then be stitched.

The second set of an Andruw Jones 2005 jersey would have had ONLY arched lettering. Period.

kylehess10
09-13-2008, 03:21 PM
You're right, it is a good one...but it is not an Andruw Jones game used jersey. Have you EVER seen a 2005 Braves jersey without the arched lettering? The answer is 'almost never.' These are very, very rare jerseys, because the only ones with straight lettering are for players who were just traded to the Braves. The jerseys were only used until the arched lettering jerseys could then be stitched.

The second set of an Andruw Jones 2005 jersey would have had ONLY arched lettering. Period.

The only jerseys that had the block font in 2005 were the BP jerseys. You're right about the traded players getting block-font jerseys too. It's the same for the September call-ups.