PDA

View Full Version : Riddell helmets used during the 70's & 80's

looneygoose
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the hobby (3 years now) and still have much to learn, but I'm loving it as I go. I really need help with the styles of Riddell football helmets which were used druing the 70's, 80's and even the early 90's. With so many models out there, I have no idea on what helmets the big boys used during these years. I'd like to start collecting era specific helmets, prefer game used, but I need help understanding the models and the years they were used. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or give me a heads up on what I should be looking for. I'd sincerely appreciate any input. Thanks guys.

cohibasmoker
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the hobby (3 years now) and still have much to learn, but I'm loving it as I go. I really need help with the styles of Riddell football helmets which were used druing the 70's, 80's and even the early 90's. With so many models out there, I have no idea on what helmets the big boys used during these years. I'd like to start collecting era specific helmets, prefer game used, but I need help understanding the models and the years they were used. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or give me a heads up on what I should be looking for. I'd sincerely appreciate any input. Thanks guys.

Try the Helmut Hut. Everthing you need to know is on their website. After you read some of the Dr. Rey articles, don't get too dishearted if you don't understand it all. It's a lot to digest and sometimes it all reads like stereo instructions.

Game Used Forum: Always a good read.