PDA

View Full Version : So anyone going

yanks12025
09-16-2008, 02:30 PM
So is anyone from here going to the final game ever to be played at yankee stadium this Sunday. I just got my tickets the other day. It is going to be a very sad day and i cant wait to be apart of baseball history. The yankees are going to make the day very special. Does anyone know what time the events start or what time they are letting us inside. Thanks

kylehess10
09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd KILL to be able to go there. Sadly my final game was on July 8th, even though I had to leave in the 4th inning. If anybody is willing to get me a round-trip ticket from Atlanta to NYC for the game on Sunday, I'll GLADLY accept! :)

DonFan23
09-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't miss it for the world. Stay tuned for more details of the ecerimonies, which will probably be leaked over the next few days.

No ceremony start or gate times have been announced yet, but I'm sure that if the game is to start on time, the pregame could begin as early as 6pm. The group of former Yanks attending is said to compare to an Old Timers' Day game, but will likely be even more impressive.

orioles03
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
i want to go i can get tickets from an orioles player he owes me he wore my ravens jersey to a game but the ravens are playing and i have not missed a game in 7 seasons . plus i thinking of going to pittsburgh and probally getting my a$$ kicked wearing ravens gear the next week for mnf big decision?

MRMusial
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
An a$$ kicking or the last game at Yankee Stadium?? Hmmmm. Tough choice, I guess?? :rolleyes:

cjclong
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
We got tickets and are going. Its not cheap but its a part of history that will only happen once so we made the decision to do it. I think its a shame they are abandoning the Stadium, although most people don't seem to care. I hate to say it, but Boston showed a lot more class in keeping their Stadium than the Yankees did in destroying theirs.

trsent
09-18-2008, 12:29 AM
We got tickets and are going. Its not cheap but its a part of history that will only happen once so we made the decision to do it. I think its a shame they are abandoning the Stadium, although most people don't seem to care. I hate to say it, but Boston showed a lot more class in keeping their Stadium than the Yankees did in destroying theirs.

I wish the Cubs would tear down their stadium.

History doesn't need bathrooms that are unusable.

bigtime59
09-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Another opportunity for the Yankee$ to tell the world how gosh darned special they are, and how everybody else sucks? No thank you.
I hope Chris Waters no-hits the smug b------s.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

cjclong
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I bet the bathrooms at Wriggly could be fixed. We didn't tear down the White House because it had no indoor plumbing or Independence Hall because it had no air conditioning.

kudu
09-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Are they going to implode Yankee Stadium? If so, does anyone know when that will happen?

HENMICK44
09-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Just Got Two Tickets From A Friend.priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HENMICK44
09-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Well Its 5:35am On The East Coast And I Just Got Home From The Game. I Can Say That It Was The Best Game I Have Ever Been Too.i Was At The World Series Game In 99 When The Yanks Won, And I Was At The First Game Of The 2001 Series When They Lost,i Was At The Division Series Game 1 In 95 When Donny Hit The Homerun But Nothing Could Compete With This One.just To See All The Yankee Greats Take Their Positions Was Excellent.i Have To Say I Love Donny Baseball And Wish He Was There But Jeter Tied The Night Together In His Speech.i'll Never Forget It And Glad I Had The Chance To Go. I Also Got A Bunch Of Dirt From The Pitching Mound And Third Base Thanks To A Friend.other Then Then The Births Of My Children And My Wedding This Will Stand Out Forever. Go Yankees And Their Winning Ways (pride,tradition,pinstripes) No Other Team Comes Close.

yanks12025
09-22-2008, 05:45 AM
I also went to the game and it was great. But i wanted to say that i noticed that steiner switched the base's every half inning. So 6 bases for 1 inning and 54 total. Thats alot of money if they sell each for $7,500.

Yankwood
09-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Well Its 5:35am On The East Coast And I Just Got Home From The Game. I Can Say That It Was The Best Game I Have Ever Been Too.i Was At The World Series Game In 99 When The Yanks Won, And I Was At The First Game Of The 2001 Series When They Lost,i Was At The Division Series Game 1 In 95 When Donny Hit The Homerun But Nothing Could Compete With This One.just To See All The Yankee Greats Take Their Positions Was Excellent.i Have To Say I Love Donny Baseball And Wish He Was There But Jeter Tied The Night Together In His Speech.i'll Never Forget It And Glad I Had The Chance To Go. I Also Got A Bunch Of Dirt From The Pitching Mound And Third Base Thanks To A Friend.other Then Then The Births Of My Children And My Wedding This Will Stand Out Forever. Go Yankees And Their Winning Ways (pride,tradition,pinstripes) No Other Team Comes Close.Thanks For That Update. I Wish I Could Have Gone But It Takes Me So Long To Type These Messages Because I Have To Keep Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word And I Missed My Flight. Oh Well. Maybe In Another 85 Years Or So I Can Attend The Next One.

yanks12025
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey
For anyone who watched last nights game which was alot of you. if you seen the part that they showed the 1922 pennant. They said it was the real one but i dont think so. I would think it would be worth alot of money. And then when they packed it away they packed it like a tent.

P.S.
Kyle this one is for you, i have also photomatched it before i asked someone to grab it for me.