PDA

View Full Version : More Important Things . . .

ballofbases@hotmail.com
09-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Game Used Universe Members,

Hope everyone is doing well in the community. Just wanted to take a minute and discuss Hurricane Ike. I know this has nothing to do with Sports, but it is a lot more important than all of our comments on game used equipment. Just spoke with a friend in Houston and have many family members and friends spread throughout Texas and it is said to be much worse than thought to be by many people.

Not much more needed to be said. Just check out the link below.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html

Kind of makes you take a step back and see what's really important.

Thanks!

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

bigtruck260
09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for that. What a wake up call....

Jags Fan Dan
09-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I see and hear about all of them second hand as an inside claims adjuster. I know this one was bad.

markize
09-17-2008, 02:18 PM
my heart goes out to those people. i couldn't imagine everything i own all at once being gone. forget about the game used things that would be lost, because they are just that - things. im talking about the important special things like pictures and movies from my daughters earliest days. through adversity rises courage and strength.

mark

AstrosCollector
09-17-2008, 02:49 PM
I live about 45 minutes north of Houston and the storm hit us pretty rough. Many houses with trees through them. Luckily no one around us was hurt. We are expected to be without power for 3-4 weeks. We have evacuated to my brother's in Dallas. Alot of people lost everything so keep them in your prayers.

MRMusial
09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Those photos are unbelievable. I hope this note finds everyone's family and friends safe and sound...