PDA

View Full Version : Check Out What I Got For My Retirement!

3arod13
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Check Out What I Got For My Retirement!

It this awesome or what? Born and raised in Syracuse from 1960-1978, until I joined the Navy. Big SU Basketball Fan!

This is awesome!

Tony

3arod13
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
It's not GAME USED, but it's AWESOME

joelsabi
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
It's not GAME USED, but it's AWESOME

Jim Boeheim is a class act. COngrats

Swoboda4
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Everything mentioned doesn't have to be game used. But the real question is what are you going to do now since leaving work. Come to think of it,how mant of us check this Forum while at work-show of hands. Nice auto by the way.

Eric
09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Sweet pic. Since SU doesn't have a football program anymore, it's nice that we still have basketball to look forward to...
Eric
Syracuse University class of '93!!

FastLane80
09-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Everything mentioned doesn't have to be game used. But the real question is what are you going to do now since leaving work. Come to think of it,how many of us check this Forum while at work-show of hands. Nice auto by the way.<raises hand> :p

Very nice personal piece!! Oh and congratulations on your retirement as well ;)

markfd
09-18-2008, 06:05 PM
tony,

Congrats on your retirement from the Navy!

GO SU!!

Mark
Syracuse University Class of '94
-------------------------------------
markfd@hotmail.com
Always Collecting Yankees and Nationals Game Used Items

skyking26
09-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I've seen your picture, you look too young to retire. I am 44 and have been off with a medical issue and am going nuts. What are you going to do now??

Nice item btw...

RK

whatupyos
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats the wonderful thing about the military in terms of retirement. You can enter when you're 18 and retire in 20 years and then, if you so choose get another job and work there and retire again and have two retirements. I wish I'd considered doing that a long time ago...I'd be half way to retirement already!!! Oh well....Congrats on your retirement! Enjoy!

Aaron

both-teams-played-hard
09-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Tony
Congratulations and thanks for your service!

trsent
09-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Sweet pic. Since SU doesn't have a football program anymore, it's nice that we still have basketball to look forward to...
Eric
Syracuse University class of '93!!

Eric, that wasn't a football team that lost to Northwestern opening weekend in Evanston, IL? I must have dreamed the whole game.

Tony, congratulations on your retirement, that photo is SWEET!

3arod13
09-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Joelsabi:
Yes, Jim Boeheim is a class act! I was so happy for him to
finally get that monkey off his back: 2003 NCAA National Champions

Swoboda4:
I'm in and out of this forum throughout the entire day at work. It's hard not to be. My hands are held way up high :)

Eric:
Ouch! SU Football - How sad is it to see SU Football what it is today? Well, I guess you can consider the Cuse in the "Toilet Bowl" :)

skyking26:
My Mom says it's the Italian blood in us. My Mom is 72 and looks 50. That's one thing I'm glad my Mom gave me. What am I going to do now? Luckily, my previous Commanding Officer retired and recommended me for a job where she last worked. They contacted me two weeks ago and offerred me the job, without an interview. It's a GS-12 position, and pays well.

Whatupyos:
That is a wonderful thing about the military. They've been paying me for 30 years, and now that I'm done, they will still continue to pay me 75% of my base pay for the rest of my life. Can't complain!

To those above, and the rest of you who, thanks for the kinds words of my retirement. My ceremony is on 10 October. I will post a few pictures the following week.

As always, a great forum with great people.

Regards, Tony

allstarsplus
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Tony - Congrats!!!! Sounds like Syracuse may be the new home of the AAA affiliate of the Washington Nationals!

MRMusial
09-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Come to think of it,how mant of us check this Forum while at work-show of hands. Guilty as charged. (I'm kidding, Vintagedeputy.) ;)

MRMusial
09-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Tony ... Congratulations! I want thank you for your service to our great country. As they say, freedom isn't free.

BTW, nice gift too.

Mike